1 Samuel 30 vs 6: David encouraged himself in the Lord his God
- There are times when we lose the motivation to aspire for excellence.
- There are times when we feel we may not succeed in life.
- There are times when those who surround you are discouraging you, humiliating you, instead of giving you an inspiration.
- There are times when we feel like giving up.
- There are times when we pay dearly for mistakes committed in the past.
- There are times when we regard ourselves as failures.
- There are times we feel that there is no reward for righteousness.
- There are times when we are tired of praying and start to doubt the efficacy of prayers.
- There are times when we even start to doubt the reality of God
- There are times when we feel discouraged, when we are discouraged, and lack the courage to take the next steps in life.
If you are in such a situation as described above, you need to learn from the story of David who was in a similar situation. David was able to overcome his hopelessness, because he encouraged himself when people around him were thinking of stoning. Have you lost all and you are thinking of giving up. Dont give up because God has not given up on you. Encourage yourself in the Lord, and as you pursue, you shall recover your all in Jesus name.
1 Samuel 30 vs 1-6
And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;2 And had taken the women captives, that were therein: they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way. 3 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire; and their wives, and their sons, and their daughters, were taken captives. 4 Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. 5 And David’s two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess, and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite. 6 And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God..
Babatope Babalobi +2348035897435
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3