Bible study: Jesus as the Lamb of God
John 1:29 – The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
- Sheeps are very obedient; they respect authority and follow the sheep in front of them without question, even if it seems stupid.
- Jesus followed God’s instructions and died on the cross even when his flesh seems to fail.
- Sheeps are gregarious. They move in flocks and groups. Jesus was always moving with 12 disciples, another group of 70 aides, and always with a multitude.
- We can become a sheep by always fellowshipping with other Christians.
- Sheeps are easy going and do not fight battles. Lions have sharp teeth and claws. Snakes have fangs. Most species of sheep do not fight back when provoked or attacked. They simply walk away.
- In the same way, God expects us to hand over our battles to Him.
- Sheeps are helpless. They lack direction. Sometimes they get lost, they are easily stranded and get astray often. They rely on the shepherd to find them and lead them on the right path.
- We are like sheeps and need Jesus all the time to guide our lives, direct our paths and lead us back into holiness when we backslide. Just like sheeps, we must not rely on our understanding or wisdom but rely on God all the time. 1 Peter 2 vs. 25
- Sheeps cannot survive on their own. They need a shepherd for guidance. Jesus relied on the Father and the Holy Spirit all His life, and we should emulate this attitude. See Jesus as your Saviour and always pray to Him to survive daily.