- The theme of Matthew 1 is the genealogy and birth of Jesus Christ.
- We can see that Jesus descended from a godly ancestry. He is the biological son of David and Abraham. May every ungodly ancestry in our lives/past be cut off in Jesus name
- The greatest lessons or messages of the chapter lies in the names of son of God: He was revealed as Jesus in Matthew 1 vs. 21 – And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins and Emmanuel in Matthew 1 vs. 23 – Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
- Jesus means Saviour, from sins. There is no founder of any religion that was foretold or proclaimed himself as being able to save man from his sins.
- Emmanuel means God with us. As such, Jesus is God in human flesh.
- Jesus is the only man that ever lived that did not inherit the sin of Adam which brought destruction to the world; though he is a descendant of Abraham, his ‘biological’ father was the Holy Ghost through which he was conceived. Joseph was really his adopted father because he never knew Mary.
- Jesus is able to save man from sin because he was not born a sinner. No other religion could save from sin because their founders were born of flesh and blood, inherited sin and are sinful themselves.
- The key lesson of Mathew 1 is that anytime you call on Jesus, you are calling God and Saviour.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3