Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 email@example.com
Philippians 4 vs 6-7 – 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Mathew 6 vs 25:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
Psalm 55:22-22 Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you;
He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
Sources of Worry
- Hunger… Will my family get food to eat?
- Debts… How do I pay back my debts?
- Employment… When will I get a job?
- Job loss… How do I survive If I am retrenched?
- Children…Will my children succeed in life?
- Future partner…Will I ever get married?
- We are worried about Child bearing… Will I ever become a father or mother?
- Bareness… When will I become pregnant?
- Happy marriage… Will my marriage work?
- Faithfulness of husband… Is my husband cheating me?
- Relationship… Why do people dislike me?
- Business…Why I am not succeeding?
- Looks… Do I look attractive?
- Bills… Where will I get money to pay my school fees, house rent etc?
- Success…Will I succeed in life?
- Sickness… Will this sickness kill me?
- Death… What will happen if I suddenly die
- Health… Will I overcome this sickness?
- Money… Will I ever become rich?
- Money… How do I make money?
What happens when you worry?
- Holy Spirit abandons anyone that is worrying
- Worry is an evil spirit
- Demons begin to minister
- You may backslide
- You lose faith in God
- You find it difficult to pray
- You find it difficult to read the Bible
- You may stop going to church
- You are open to evil advice and counsel
- You may start consulting false prophets and star gazers
What happens when you worry?
- You may develop high blood pressure
- You may become hypertensive
- You become prone to sickness
- Worry causes sleeplessness
- Depression comes in
- Suicide thoughts comes in
- People who worry may die suddenly
- You start making wrong decisions
- You start making mistakes
- It kills our productivity
What you are saying when you worry?
- When you worry, you are saying: There is no God
- When you worry, you are saying: God is not real
- When you worry, you are saying: God is not there
- When you worry, you are saying: God is not with me
- When you worry, you are saying: God is angry with me
- When you worry, you are saying: God does not answer prayers
- When you worry, you are saying: God will not open a door for me
- When you worry, you are saying: God will not intervene in this case
- When you worry, you are saying: The grace of God will not see me through
- When you worry, you are saying: I can do it alone
- When you worry, you are saying: God has forgotten about me
- When you worry, you are saying: God is not thinking about me
- When you worry, you are saying: There is no HOLY SPIRIT
- When you worry, you are saying: Prayer does not work
- When you worry, you are saying: God cannot help me
- When you worry, you are saying: I don’t have any helper.
- When you worry, you are saying: The word of God does not work
- When you worry, you are saying ..I need to help myself fair or foul to succeed
- When you worry, you are saying ….God will not forgive my sin
- When you worry, you are saying ….My enemies are too powerful than me
- When you worry, you are saying …I cant overcome my enemies
- When you worry, you are saying ..I am tired of life
- When you worry, you are saying ….There is no benefit for being a Christian
- When you worry, you are saying …God is too far from me
- When you worry, you are saying …I will bear my yoke by myself
- When you worry, you are saying …I will bear my burden by myself
- When you worry, you are saying …I don’t want God to take my yoke
Matthew 11:28-29 – 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
How to overcome worry
- Pray to God
- Trust in God
- Petition God
- Look for a word of God that addresses your situation and stand on it
- Make a vow to God
- Praise God
How to overcome worry
- Worship God
- Calm down
- Take steps of faith
- Ask the Holy Spirit for direction
- Be patient
- Pursue overtake and recover all
- Kill you worries
- Surrender to God
Whatsapp prayergroup: https://chat.whatsapp.com/invite/H0NY69sF2Xk5al80J5vdDI
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3
The heart is the center of man’s being. Every of our action, thought or motive is generated from our heart. Our character or behaviour in response to situations or circumstances around us is as a result of the things that have been deposited in the consciousness of our being. The way we react to issues that pertains to us is as a result of the composition of the state of our mind.
What are some of the manifestations of the composition of our mind set? Read the rest of this entry »
DR. D.K. Olukoya
In Jesus name, I have the mind of Christ. I reject, refuse and bind negative though and statements. Right now, I cast down every imagination and high thing exalting itself against the word if God in my life.
My God is the father of faith. I ask and receive the faith in God to increase in my spirit, in my soul and in my body, in the name of Jesus.
I announce that great is the one that is in me than any devil on the side of my enemies. It is written, “The righteous is as bold as a lion.” By my faith in Christ Jesus, I am righteous. I receive my divine boldness. Read the rest of this entry »
Let Us Consider Eleven Ways by Which We Could Cope With Stress
FOCUS ON GOD: – Be at pace with the Almighty and acknowledge His limitless power. At the same time, you need to recognize your own limitation as a man.
RE-APPRAISE SELF: – You may need to go through the twin process of unlearning and re-education to be able to correct whatever needs to be corrected your life to be fulfilled.
RELAX:- Daily relaxation is essential. Meditating on the word of God is receiving a relaxing tonic.
HAVE ADEQUATE REST AND SLEEP: – Tackle your sleep problem not with sleeping pills, Reading and meditating on the word of God will brings sleep.
EXERCISE REGULARLY: – Walking and logging in safe places are good ways of exercising the body. Do not embark on any sporting activities, which your body is not sued to.
GET INVOLVED IN GROUP ACTIVITIES:- you need to get involved in beneficial and acceptable groups e.g. church groups
HAVE CONTENTMENT: – Be contented with what you have.
DEVELOP FRIENDLY RELATIONSHIP:- you need friendly relationships at home at work and in other places Love others and appreciate love DO not keep malice because it is not good for your health. Speak out your mind, learn to forgive love all and be at peace with all.
WATCH YOUR DIET BE BALANCED:- Avoid over eating and overweight.
Avoid Unhelpful Habit e.g. Alcohol, Cigarette, Sleeping Pills and Bad Company.
THINK GOOD THOUGHT:- Think good though about yourself and others Align yourself with God’s thoughts towards you without being proud. Develop confidence in your self
Prayers to Overcome fear
Let every spirit of fear in my life be consumed by the spirit of faith in the name of Jesus
Fear of Sudden death
Hebrews 2 vs 14-15
If you are worried about dying, stand on God’s word,
‘With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation’ (Psalm 91 vs 16)
Also read: Gal. 5 vs 22; Luke 10 vs 25-37; Eph. 4 vs 31- 32 Gen. 50 vs 15-21
The Word for Today
Memorise: “And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting ” (Acts 2:2)
Read: Acts 2:1-4
Pastor E. Adeboye
An examination of John 4:23-24 reveals certain foundational truths. First it says, God is a spirit. This means God is not a man. Numbers 23:19 says, “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? Or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?”
The fact that God is a spirit assures us of answered prayers. God is committed to His promises. A knowledge of this truth is important in worship as it stirs up faith in the worshipper that worship time and effort are never wasted. Has the Lord given you a promise that has not been fulfilled? Hold on to it. He will surely bring it to pass. God is a spirit and not man, hence He cannot be limited by anything capable of limiting human beings.
Another implication of God as a spirit is that He can suddenly turn a weakling into an invincible warrior on contact. Just like air in a tyre enables it to bear immense weight like a trailer loaded with goods, so does God empower weaklings to do the impossible. God as a spirit reminds us that wind is a type of the Holy Spirit. On the day of Pentecost, the presence of the Holy Spirit was symbolized by a rushing mighty wind. Then fire (Acts 2:2-4).
When a football is filled with air, it becomes lighter and wears out everyone who kicks it. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you become light weight as He takes away every satanic yoke. Afterall, Jesus says His burden is light. If you want to overcome heaviness, depression and discouragement, be constantly filled with the Holy Ghost.
In Judges 15:14-16, Samson was bound by the enemies. But when the Heavenly wind filled this human ball, he broke loose and turned those enemies into a dump site. Have you been baptized in the Holy Spirit? Praise God. Are you regularly filled with the Holy Spirit? It is very important so that you can be a vessel for God’s use in the miraculous.
As you allow Heaven’s mighty wind to fill you up, you will become a centre of activities. Demons will bow to you. Situations and circumstances will obey your commands. It is when you are filled with the Holy Spirit that you have power with God and men. That is where God wants you to be.
If you feel powerless, it is because you have little or nothing of the Heavenly wind. Let Him fill you today. Pray in the Spirit. Study, memorize and mediate on the Word. Worship the Holy Spirit today.
Ask that the Holy Spirit will brood afresh over you, your family and church this season.
Pastor E. Adeboye, RCCG
<p style=”text-align:center;”>Memorise: “And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household” (Matthew 10:36)
Read: Mark 3:20-21
Ever before David confronted his giant, he wrestled with other forces. In 1 Samuel 17:22-24, we are told that the Israeli soldiers were afraid of Goliath. The first battle you must fight and win even before you take on your major challenge, is fear. If you are afraid to confront your oppressors, you will remain in captivity. If you are afraid to challenge your negative status, you will maintain the status quo.
<pTherefore confronting every spirit or soldier of harassment standing at the thresholds of your breakthrough is a step in the right direction. David fought fear. If you fear what others fear, you cannot excel the height they have attained. One sure way to beat those ahead of you is to challenge what they dread, and face what they fled from.
When average believers see you climbing higher, they will call you names because of jealousy. After my first degree, I decided to go for my Masters in Science (MSc.). When some of my palm wine drinking friends heard, they said it to the hearing of my wife that they do not know what I had lost that I was searching for. A young minister went to the East for his post graduate examinations.
Thereafter, his pastor and some envious ministers converged at his house and harassed his pregnant wife why he would leave her for further studies. She could clearly see that their visit was borne out of envy – not because they cared. Afterall, she had agreed with her husband to further his education. Every spirit of envy and jealousy sent to hinder your accent shall be paralyzed.
David confronted envy and jealousy before facing his Goliath. When his elder brother Eliab saw him talking about confronting Goliath, he was envious and asked him to return to the bush where he belonged. If David had lost that battle, he would never have faced Goliath or come to national prominence! A man of God publicly criticized me of saying, ‘My Daddy says’ as if I have exclusive rights of hearing from God. One of the most dangerous enemies that you can have are envious relatives.
<pThe elders say, If the death inside cannot kill, the death outside will surely not kill. The effective solution to this is to lead relatives to Christ. I heard of the story of two brothers of same mother. The elder one plotted with outsiders to kill the younger brother but it failed. This plot was conceived as a result of envy of his younger brother who happened to be the bread winner of the family. Every operation of envy against your destiny shall crumble in Jesus’ Name.
You cannot overcome what you fear. Ask God to terminate the activity of fear in your life.
O death, where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory? (1 Corinthians 15:55)
Every power calling my name from the grave, scatter in the name of Jesus
Arrows of Infirmity, fired against me, backfire in the name of Jesus
Every evil wind programme against me, back fire in Jesus name
Holy Spirit, reveal to me the source of my afflictions
DELAY IS NOT DENIAL
As I read your word now Lord help me to contact you and to know the exceeding greatness of your power to us who believe.
Isaac and Rebekah were childless for 20 years . Although the fulfilment of God’s promise is indisputably sure, often times, it seems slow. We need to exercise faith and patience mo matter our situation. Isaac did not leave off praying for a child (v.21) When you continue instant in prayer as Isaac did, you shall at last be compensated for waiting.
When Rebekah was in trouble, what course did she take for her relief? (v.22)
I know that human reckoning especially when in pains, can be very different from God’s and so present Him as slow. But be sure of this- God knows and cares better than we imagine.
Thought:- God cares for me more than I know.
1. The grace to endure to my said time, God give it to me.
2. Don’t let me die before my glory.
Of the 366 days in a year, no single day is allowed for me to fear. So I refuse to be afraid of anything. You spirit of fear, you are not in God’s agenda for me. I dismiss you from my life now, in the name of Jesus. Jesus said even the very hair of my head are not only counted but numbered. Not one single can be removed without God’s knowledge and permission.
There fore, I put my confidence in the Lord, who takes so much care of me. Bible says whatsoever i desire when I pray, should believe and receive in the name of Jesus.
Therefore, i pray now that In Jesus name I am set free from every captivity or attack of negative speech from mouth or thought from my heart against myself.
- 1. The devil everybody dreads in my family will not locate me, in tHE name of Jesus
- 2. The failure and disappointment in marriage I have ever feared SHALL NOT befall me in the me of Jesus
- 3. The financial failure and embrassment I have ever feared will not befall me, in h name of Jesus.
- 4. The fear of backsliding I have nursed or nurture up in my life with not come upon me in the name of Jesus
- 5. The fear of not being ministerially stunted get out of my vision, in the name of Jesus
- 6. Let the fear of being ministerially stunted get out of vision, in the name of Jesus
- 7. Let the fear of committing unpardonable sin be washed out of me by the blood of Jesus
Source: Mountain of Fire and Miracles
God wishes me above all things that I prosper, in Jesus’ name. I receive prosperity, in Jesus name. God has not given me the spirit of bondage again to fear. Therefore every evil the spirit of fear has done to my life, I reject you. Be reversed and get out of my life in Jesus name.
- 1. You spirit of fear, lose your hold upon my life and my family, in the name of Jesus
- 2. I command all human agents using the spirits of fear to terrify me in the night to stumble and fall, in the name of Jesus
- 3. The fear and terror of the unbelievers shall not be my lot, in the name of Jesus
- 4. My tomorrow is blessed is Christ Jesus. therefore, you spirit responsible for the fear of tomorrow in my life, I bind you, in the name of Jesus
- 5. My destiny is attached to God, therefore I decree that I can never fail, in the name of Jesus
- 6. Every bondage that I am subjecting myself to by the spirit of fear, I break you, in the name of Jesus
- 7. All negative doors that the spirit soft fear have opened in the past be closed now, in the name of Jesus
In have the mind of Christ. I reject, refuse and bind negative thoughts and statements. Right now, I cast down every imagination and high thing exalting itself against the word of God in my life.
My God is the father of faith. I ask and receive the faith in God to increase in my spirit, in my soul and in my body, in the name of Jesus
- 1. Every disease, oppression and depression that came into my life as a result of fear, disappear now in the name of Jesus
- 2. I refuse to be intimidated by any demonic nightmare, in the name of Jesus
- 3. Every enchantment and invocation of fear being made against me, I neutralise you and I command you to fail, in the name of Jesus
- 4. Every confederacy of the enemies in my home with the enemies outside shall not stand, in the name of Jesus.
- 5. All arrangements of the devil concerning my home shall stand neither shall they come to pass, in tea name of Jesus.
- 6. I destroy all effort of the enemy to frustrate my work, in the name of Jesus
- 7. I nullify every writing, agreement or covenant against my work, in the name of Jesus
Let the word of God that is quick, powerful and shaper than any two edged sword pierce through every negative thought or speech I have ever made and tear them down In Jesus name.
1. Let the fear of not being able to overcome any weakness come out of me by the blood of Jesus.
2. Let the fear of missing the rapture go back to the bottom of the pit, in the name of Jesus
3. I bind and cast out every fear, compromising my faith, in the name of Jesus
4. I bind and cast out fear of losing my anointing and salvation, in the name of Jesus
- 6. I command every terror of the night that has brought fear into my life to stop and move my environment, in the name of Jesus
When stress occurs, it is important to recognize and deal with it. Here are some suggestions for ways to handle stress. As you begin to understand more about how stress affects you as an individual, you will come up with your own ideas on how to ease the tension.
Try physical activity. When you are nervous, angry or upset, release the pressure through exercise or physical activity. Running, walking, playing tennis or working in your garden, are just some of the activities you might try. Physical exercise will relieve that “up tight” feeling, relax you, and turn the frowns into smiles. Remember, your body and your mind work together.
Share your stress. It helps to talk to someone about your concerns and worries. Perhaps a friend, family member, teacher or counselor, can help you see your problem in a different light. If you feel your problem is serious, you might seek professional help from a psychologist, psychiatrist or social worker. Knowing when to ask for help may help to avoid more serious problems later.
Know your limits. If a problem is beyond your control and cannot be changed at the moment, don’t fight the situation. Learn to accept what is for now, until such time when you can change it.
Take care of yourself. You are special. Get enough rest and eat well. If you are irritable and tense from lack of sleep, or if you are not eating correctly, you will have less ability to deal with stressful situations. If stress repeatedly keeps you from sleeping, you should ask your doctor for help.
Make time for fun. Schedule time for both work and recreation. Play can be just as important to your well-being as work; you need a break from your daily routine to just relax and have fun.
Be a participant. One way to keep from getting bored, sad, and lonely is to go where it’s all happening. Sitting alone can make you feel frustrated. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, get involved. Offer your services to a neighborhood or volunteer organizations. Help yourself by helping other people. Get involved in the world and the people around you, and you will find they will be attracted to you. You’re on your way to making new friends and enjoying new activities.
Check off your tasks. Trying to take care of everything at once can seem overwhelming, and as a result, you may not accomplish anything. Instead, make a list of what tasks you have to do and do them one at a time, checking them off as they’re completed. Give priority to the most important ones and do those first.
Must you always be right? Do other people upset you – particularly when they don’t do things your way? Try cooperation instead of confrontation; it’s better than fighting and always being “right.” A little give and take on both sides will reduce the strain and make you both feel more comfortable.
It’s OK to cry. A good cry can be a healthy way to bring relief to your anxiety, and it might even prevent a headache or other physical consequence. Take some deep breaths; they also release tension.
Create a quiet scene. You can’t always get away, but you can “dream the impossible dream.” A quiet country scene, painted mentally or on canvas, can take you out of the turmoil of a stressful situation. Change the scene by reading a good book or playing beautiful music to create a sense of peace and tranquillity.
Avoid self-medication. Although you can use drugs to relieve stress temporarily, drugs do not remove the conditions that caused the stress in the first place. Drugs, in fact, may be habit-forming and create more stress than they relieve. They should be taken only on the advice of your doctor.
The best strategy for avoiding stress is to learn how to relax. Unfortunately, many people try to relax at the same pace that they lead the rest of their lives. For a while, tune out your worries about time, productivity, and “doing it right.” You will find satisfaction in just being, without striving. Find activities that give you pleasure and that are good for your mental and physical well-being. Forget about always winning and focus on relaxation, enjoyment, and health. Be good to yourself.
Lessons from the Exodus of Israelites.
Exodus 2 vs. 1-4: And there went a man of the house of Lev, and took to wife a daughter of Levi. And the woman conceived, and bare a son: and when she saw him that he was a goodly child, she hid him three months. And when she could no longer hide him, she took for him a ark of bulrushes, and daubed it with slime and with pitch, and put the child therein: and she laid it in the flags by the river‘s brink. And his Sister stood afar off, to wit what would be done to him’
This is a moving story of boldness and bravery. The King of Egypt had given an order that all the male children of Hebrews, from which the Levites descended from, should be killed at birth.
But when this Levites gave birth to a Son, they hid him for 90 days, and when it was obvious to them that they would be detected if they continue to hide him, they did not hand him over to the executioners but went to place him by the River bank in comfort.
The problem with many of us is that we live in fear and unnecessary anxiety. We die of fear even before death surfaces. Fear is an evil spirit and we must conquer it before we can live victoriously.
The child that was placed in the ark of bulrushes was Moses, who later delivered the Israelites nation from the oppression of the Egyptian. If his parents had been fearful, his destiny would have been aborted at birth.
The parents of Moses refused to hand him over to death. If they were detected hiding the male child, maybe they would also had been killed. But for three months, they trusted in their God that he would intervene to save the situation. I imagine that thousands of other Hebrew parents gave birth to male children before, during and after these 90 days and quickly handed it over to the Egyptians to kill.
They that know their God shall do exploits. The parents of Moses knew Jehovah as their God and trusted in him
No matter the situation around you, hold on to God. No matter the crises you may be in trust for divine intervention. No matter the extend of the contrary storms that are blowing against you, don’t give in, but trust the Rock of ages.
Do not hand yourself to the Satan, even if there is a law that says everybody should hand over to Satan. Trust God, that God will send his angels to resist the Satan that his on the way to your house
In Acts 23: 12, 13, we read of forty Jews who banded together and bound themselves under an oath, saying that they would neither eat nor drink until they had killed Paul.
That was around A.D. 58. We know from scriptures that Paul lived for at least 4 years 3 months after that Act 24: 27, 28:11 and 28:30). In fact some authorities believe that Paul was killed in AD 64. Read the rest of this entry »