|By Pastor Enoch Adeboye|
|Memorise: “Thou didst blow with thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters” (Exodus 15:10)
Read: Exodus 15:1-11
|“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).
In the above verse, we are told of five names and titles of our Lord Jesus Christ and each of them is not only power-packed, but also significant for His church on earth. He is called ‘Wonderful’.
This means full of wonders. The fact that He is called Wonderful means that we should expect lots of wonder, surprise-causing events from Him. Exodus 15:11 lends credence to this special name saying, “Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the gods?
Who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?” Why is He called Wonderful? It is because He is the custodian of wonders – both pleasant and unpleasant, and gives them out to His friends, foes and demons as situation demands.
For instance at the Red Sea, He revealed Himself to both the Israelites and the Egyptians as the One full of wonders. He gave the former pleasant wonders by parting the Red Sea for them to escape from their enemies. It was in appreciation of this that the Israelites sang the song of Moses (Exodus 15:1-19).
On the other hand, the Egyptians got their dose of surprise – but a negative one this time. They saw the Red Sea open and they went after Israel. Their mouths were open as they saw what they never saw before, and were still looking when the sea covered them.
Unfortunately, many enemies of God never live to tell the story of their encounter with the Wonderful. Someone asked, What is a wonder? A wonder is an unexpected event that leaves your mouth wide open. The Yorubas call it Iyanu – (a wonder that leaves your mouth agape). When you encounter the Wonderful, you will not know when your mouth will open in surprise. If nothing has caused you to open your mouth without closing it, you are yet to know Him as the Wonderful.
Until He reveals Himself to you as the Wonderful, you cannot assess the surprise packages in His kitty that can truly overwhelm you. From today, ask Him to reveal Himself to you as the Wonderful. Situations in your life will only respond to Him as the Wonderful.
|Ask that God would terminate the activities of false prophets and false churches in this nation.|
How to hear from God
- Be in a quiet place. God is not a Noisemaker, and you may not hear within the multitude of noises. Separate yourself in godly hotel or mountain.
- Praise God. Worship him quietly with hymns and songs. Don’t be in a hurry to end the worship. Make it qualitative. Afterwards as you lie down to sleep or rest, He will most likely speak to you.
- Request that He speaks to you. If you earnestly ask Him to speak to you, He will most certainly give you a word or revelation.
- Be sensitive. God does not speak through visions or revelations alone. He speaks through other Saints, through the Bible, or through the Church. He may send a message to you directly or indirectly through someone else. It may even be through a Television or Radio sermon.
- Be still in His presence. Don’t leave the altar of prayer in a hurry. Once you have asked in prayer, be expectant to receive an answer.
- He often speaks through dreams and visions. But don’t allow yourself to be deceived by the devil. Godly dreams are very short, biblical, positive, and straightforward. Satanic dreams are long, fearful, story like, and negative.
- Lastly, God can speak to you by remaining silence. If you don’t hear from God after you have done all this, then He has in a way answered. Silence is an answer. It means you should be patient, or He does not approve of your plans, or He has answered you before but you stubbornly refused to take the answer, or your hands are unclean as such He can’t speak to you.
- However, if you are not his child, then you can’t possibly hear from Him. Would you decide to start a relationship with him today?
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 email@example.com
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3
Commentary on Matthew 24: Signs of the end times
By Babatope Babalobi +2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
Phase 1- Beginning of sorrows (Matthew 24 vs.5) – For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
- There shall be deceivers (Matthew 24 vs. 4) – Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you
- Many shall proclaim themselves to be false ‘Jesus’ and false ‘messiahs’ and succeed in deceiving many. (Matthew 24 vs. 5) – For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
- There shall be civil wars and rumours of impending wars (Matthew 24 vs. 6) – You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.
- Nation shall wage war against themselves and ethnic groups and kingdoms shall wage war against one another (Matthew 24 vs. 7) – Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
- There shall be drought, famines and recessions (Matthew 24 vs. 7) – Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
- There shall be outbreak of diseases, illnesses and sicknesses (Matthew 24 vs. 7) – Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
- There shall be earthquakes and tremors (Matthew 24 vs. 7) – Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.
Phase II –Spread of sorrows
- There shall be great persecution of Christians (Matthew 24 vs. 9) – “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
- Christians shall be killed and murdered (Matthew 24 vs. 9) – “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
- Christians shall be hated throughout the world (Matthew 24 vs. 9) – “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
- There shall be conspiracies, betrayals, and hatred by Christians against one another (Matthew 24 vs. 10) – At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
- There shall be upsurge of false prophets who will succeed in deceiving many (Matthew 24 vs. 11) – and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.
- The world will be full of sin and wickedness. Sin shall become institutionalized, widely accepted as the normal and practiced (Matthew 24 vs. 12) – Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
- Men shall not love themselves (Matthew 24 vs. 12) – Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold,
- The gospel shall be preached to all nations as a witness (Matthew 24 vs. 14) – And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
- The end shall come.
Phase III – Abomination of desolation (The great Tribulation)
- Christians shall flee to mountains, fields, and housetops to escape the great tribulation.
- There shall be great tribulation against Christians, never experienced (Matthew24 vs. 21) – For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now — and never to be equaled again.
- The days of tribulations shall be shortened to save the elect (Matthew 24 vs. 22) – If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.
- False prophets, Christ shall appear doing great signs and wonders; and deceiving many (Matthew 24 vs. 23-24) – 23 at that time if anyone says to you, ‘look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect — if that were possible.
- People shall falsely announce the second coming of Jesus Christ and say He has arrived in a secret place (Matthew 24 vs. 24-25) – 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect — if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
- The sun shall be darkened (Matthew 24 vs. 29) – “Immediately after the distress of those days “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
- The moon shall not shine (Matthew 24 vs. 29) – “Immediately after the distress of those days “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
- There shall be falling stars (Matthew 24 vs. 29) – “Immediately after the distress of those days “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
- The throne of Satan in the heaven shall be shaken and removed (Matthew 24 vs. 29) – “Immediately after the distress of those days “‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
- A sign shall appear in heaven heralding Jesus Christ (Matthew 24 vs. 30) – “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
- All the people of the world shall weep for they know the end has come (Matthew 24 vs. 30) – “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
- Jesus shall appear in the clouds with power and great glory (Matthew 24 vs. 30) – “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.
- Angels shall appear with him (Matthew 24 vs. 31) – And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
- A trumpet shall be sounded (Matthew 24 vs. 31) – And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
- The elect from all the ends of the earth and heaven shall be gathered together.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 email@example.com
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3
“But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him”
Almost every one is worried about his future- career, marriage, children upbringing, educational and academic attainments, and property development.
No boby wants to be a failure in life- failure is an orphan the popular maxim says. The quest to suceed and remain on the success lane causes anxiety and apprehension in the minds of people.
The unfortunate thing however is that in the bid to guarantee themselves a good future several people indulge in ungodly and evil practices. This include cheating, lying, outsmarting others, and manipulations. Others go to other extent and engage in evil communication in sorcery, divination and ocultism in order to be empowered to suceed.
But the most pitiable set of people are Christians including many in the born again genre. In spite of having been bought with a price and sealed with the Holy Ghost, many Christians of us are still worried and anxious about our future. In spite of having several assurances by the Holy Spirit that we are bound for success, doubt still remains in our minds occasionaly.
God is not happy with this sort of faithlessness, and this attitude is capable of robing us divine blessings. Admittedlty, at times, some devilish occurences may take place that may cause our faith to shake, but we must immediately resist the devil and hold on to God, the author and finisher of our faith.
God recently spoke to me on the need to have abiding faith in him. When I had a calling for this ministry, I was contending with God in the fear that abadoning my secular vocation for a Christian work is a call to poverty.
Recently, I was romanticising about the taking up a full time secular work in order to boost my personal income as it was not very obvious to me how I was to be suffiecintly finacilaly reawrder through this christian ministry.
The same day I thought of this idea, the Holy Spirit woke me up at light and instructed me to read Hebrews 11 and 12, where I saw how several people walked with God in faith based on the divine promises made to then.
Talk of Abraham who almost sacrificed his first and only son in faith, Joseph who resisted an adulterous relationship and its rewards in faith, the Israelites who stepped on the shores of River Nile in faith and leater marched around the wall s of Jerich in faith and even our Lord Jesus Christ who endured the shame and agaony of the cross in faith. All thse people inherited divine promises by faith.
The passage that tounched me most is Hebrews 11:6 quoted above which says that God rewards those who works for him dilligently. I realised it is foolish not to expect an earthly and heavely reward for conscrecration to the work of God.
A Pastor friend once narrated to me, how in a dream, he saw himself swimming in the middle of the ocean. He was in the misdt of an ending expanse of waters around him and no form of rescue was in sight.
Suddenly, a human hand appeared as a Rock in the ocean and he was asked to hold on to it. The human hand that appeared is obviously God manifesting as the Rock of ages, and the lesson is that will always be saved from any affliction no matter how hopeless.
I have recounted the two experiences above to butress the point the theme of this message, which says ‘Have in your future’. We are serving a God who created us and has a plan for us, he is always thinking about us and planning goodness and mercy for us. But he is unhappy if we do not reprocicrate this thoughtfulness by acts of faithlessness and unbelief.
God only walks with the people with strong faith, and unbelief is comptemptuous and repulsive to him. Have faith in your future. Your present and future is in His hands. Less us relate to God like children and he will continue to carry us in his hands.
However, if you want your future to be assure, the first step to take is to hand over your ways and life to Jesus Christ, who he is th saviour and messiah of all. If you have not done so, this is the opportuned time for you to take this important step.
Do you want God to take care of your present and future? Then say this simple prayer:
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and have fallen short of your glory. I genuinely repent from all my sins and pledge to go and sin no more.
I accept your plan to reconcile mankind to you through Jesus Christ, who you sent in your name. I believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah, and died on the Cross to pay the penalty for my sins and redeem me. I accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I pray that His blood washes my sins away.
I invite the Holy Spirit to rule my Life. I am born again in Jesus name. I comit my life to you henceforth and I believe my future is secure in your hands in Jesus name.
Black Berry Pin: 286431e3
Memorise: : “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matt. 11:28).
Pastor Enoch Adeboye
Read: Matthew 11:28-30
|For several years I have been chauffeur-driven by one of my Pastors in London. This was purely voluntary and other people have had difficult time trying to take the job from him.
Each time we drove through the streets of London, we came across a particular mechanic workshop which specialises in repairing Rolls Royce. Usually they would have at least one for sale. The price ranged between 40,000 to 45,000 pounds while a brand new one costs as much as 100,000 pounds.
I told my driver – the Pastor that one day I will just walk into the workshop and leave with one Rolls Royce. He laughed it off knowing how I struggled to pay the bill for the London Holy Ghost service. I also laughed because I recognised he was yet to know what my God could do. Read the rest of this entry »