death of jesus
Matthew 27 vs. 28 – And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.
- When Jesus died, the veil of the temple tore into two, signifying the annulling of the old mosaic laws.
- The earth did quake and the rocks rent, signifying the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- The grave open and many bodies of the saints which slept rose, signifying the 1st resurrection of the saints.
Power that resurrected the saints from the grave, visit and resurrect my life now in Jesus name!
Matthew 27 vs. 43 – He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
- Jesus was mocked for trusting in God.
- You may also be facing mockery and disgrace in your office or job, for holding on Christian virtues of honesty and integrity.
- When Satan finishes his false plan, God will always manifest His glory.
My Father, my God, turn my shame into glory in Jesus name.
Matthew 27 vs. 52-53 – And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
- Before the death of Jesus, Satan had held many death saints captive under the earth.
- The first assignment of Jesus at death was to cancel and annul the power of Satan on death, and by so doing he set the captives free.
- Let us remember that the Adamic sin led man into captivity with Satan and its punishment was death as the Bible states “the wages of sin is death”
- But Jesus cruxification and death disannulled power of death over mankind “the gift of God is life through Jesus our Lord”.
- Messengers of death assigned against me, I arrest you in Jesus name.
- I arrest the spirit of premature death in my household in Jesus name.
Matthew 27 vs.50 – Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
- Man is made of body, soul and spirit.
- At death, the body returns to the ground from where it came, the soul goes to heaven or hell, and the spirit that gives life returns to God.
- This passage shows that once the spirit leaves our body or we yield up the ghost, our body becomes lifeless, and the soul also comes out because it can not operate in a lifeless body.
My spirit man, come alive in Jesus name.