In Acts 23: 12, 13, we read of forty Jews who banded together and bound themselves under an oath, saying that they would neither eat nor drink until they had killed Paul.
That was around A.D. 58. We know from scriptures that Paul lived for at least 4 years 3 months after that Act 24: 27, 28:11 and 28:30). In fact some authorities believe that Paul was killed in AD 64. Read the rest of this entry »
Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
The letter ‘M’ that begins this month is prophetic. This is the month of Manifestation. The word month also starts with letter ‘M’, so this is one of the key months in the year, the other being March, when you were supposed to start marching into your miracle.
As I have said in an earlier posting, this is the fifth month, and 5 is the number of Grace. Therefore there is abundant grace to prosper and move forward without struggling.
Please pray like this:
1. Every breakthroughs I have dreamt of, begin to manifest now in May 2008.
2. Heavenlies powers that control the destiny of this month begin to work for my goodness and mercy in Jesus name.
3. My harvest, spring forth this month in Jesus name.
4. Miracles I did not pray for, manifest in my life this month in Jesus name.
5. I cancel by fire, every spirit of possibility and probability attached to this month. Be replaced by a spirit of certainty in Jesus name.
6. May 2008, I rechristen you a month of MUSTS, not MAYs in Jesus name.
7. This month, I MUST have a testimony in Jesus name.
8. As the earth is rotating around its axis daily, let every day in my life this month rotate into goodness and blessings in Jesus name.
9. As the earth is revolving around the sun this month let my destiny revolve into new things in Jesus name.
Read Judges 5 vs. 20: The stars fought from heaven,
from their courses they fought against Sisera.
10. Stars of the heavenlies, fight for my breakthroughs this month as you fought against the oppressors of the Israelites.
Subscribe to Save the World Blog by Email
Read more articles at www.christonline.info/
What are the various gifts? Paul lists some in 1 Corinthians 12:28-30: Church leadership positions such as apostle, prophet and teacher, or gifts of miracles and healings, or less spectacular but equally necessary abilities such as helping others and administration. Read the rest of this entry »
Subscribe to Save the World Blog by Email
Read more articles at www.christonline.info/
The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity. He is fully God. He is eternal, omniscient, omnipresent, has a will, and can speak. He is alive. He is a person. He is not particularly visible in the Bible because His ministry is to bear witness of Jesus (John 15:26). Read the rest of this entry »
Read more articles at www.christonline.info
There is a lot of debate in Christian circles over the giving of firstfruits as an offering to God. Is this a scriptural act? What constitutes firstfruits, and how should this be given.
Kindly find below several passages that discuss on firstfruits in the Bible, read through, meditate carefully and ask the Holy Spirit to give you an understanding. As a Christian you should be able to understand the Bible yourself without prejudice to Church teachings.
In next write up, I will discuss further on this, giving my opinion on this subject.
What Does the Bible say on firstfruits?
And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the filed….the first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God – Exodus 23 vs. 16 and 19
And thou shall observe the feat of weeks, of the firstfruit of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year end- Exodus 34 vs. 22
The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring into the house of the Lord thy God – Exodus 34 vs. 26
Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, when ye be come unto the land which I gave unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruit of your harvest unto the Priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you:…’ –Leviticus 23 vs. 10
All the best of the oil, and all the best of the wine, and of the wheat, they firstfruit of them which they shall offer unto the Lord, them have I given thee…And whatsoever is first ripe in the land , which they shall bring unto the Lord, shall be thine; every one that is clean in thy house shall ear of it. – Numbers 18 vs. 12-13
And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O Lord , hast given me. And thou shall set it before the Lord thy God, and worship before the Lord thy God – Deut. 26 vs. 10
Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thy increase; so shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine – Proverbs 3 vs. 9-10
The firstfruit also of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thy oil and the first of the fleece of thy sheep, shalt thou give him- Deut 18 vs. 4
But now is Christ risen from death, and become the firstfruits of them that slept – 1 Corinthians 15 vs. 20
Memorise: “And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did” (John 4:39)
Read: John 4:27-42
Pastor E. Adeboye
Apart from being used as a tool of evangelism, testimonies can also draw people to Christ. The Samaritan woman encountered Jesus at the well and knew there was something different about Him, particularly when He revealed her state without being told. She left her water pot and went into the city to share her testimony. Many of the Samaritans came to Jesus because of her testimony, and a revival broke out.
Jesus and His disciples were begged to stay for two days. Never underestimate the power of your testimony! The woman testified of what Jesus told her and she added: ‘Don’t you think this fellow who could reveal my past and present, is the Christ we have been waiting for?’ As you testify, you could also add: “Don’t you think the One who did this for me is capable of solving your problem too?”
“And they overcame him by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death” (Revelation 12:11). From this scripture, we know that testimony is a very powerful weapon of our warfare. Imagine testimony being placed side by side with the blood of the lamb in overcoming the enemies! When you plead the blood of Jesus, your enemies flee.
When you share your testimony, your enemies also flee. The enemy cannot withstand the power of a testimony! Praise God. You cannot be an overcomer if you do not use your testimonies to overcome. No matter how much you plead the blood of Jesus, you cannot fully overcome until you back it up by sharing your testimony.
Another strength of a testimony is that it is a seed capable of reproducing itself in the lives of the hearers. One single testimony can birth thousands of different or similar testimonies in other people. For instance, if you have been trusting God for the fruit of the womb for six years, and you meet a couple who got their baby after 18 years, it will stir up faith in you to receive yours.
You cannot tell, your testimony may be what somebody somewhere is waiting to hear in order to receive faith to birth his or hers. Share your testimonies! As long as you keep it to yourself, you deny many people of their blessings and you will be held responsible someday. One reason God did what He did in your life is so that your testimony can trigger that of others. How are you utilizing this powerful tool?
Memorise: “I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep” (John 10:11)
Read: John 10:6-11
Pastor E. Adeboye RCCG
“Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee” (1 Timothy 4:16).
Another area a shepherd should watch over the flock is in continuity in sound doctrines and in practice of the same. In Paul’s second letter to Timothy, he charged the latter in verse 13 of the first chapter: “Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus“. A shepherd should stick with the undiluted Word of God to earn the respect of the sheep.
Today, in many circles, leaders are diluting the Word of God with human wisdom and philosophy. Any leader who feels he or she knows God’s Word more than God, has out-lived his or her relevance both to God and His flock. Revelation says you must not doctor the Scriptures.
Also, there is need to put whatever you preach or teach into practice. This is an effective way to watch over your flock. Until your subordinates see you practicing what you teach, they may never do so. A doers life-style adds compulsion, expediency and credibility to your message. John 10:4 says it is the duty of the shepherd to lead before the sheep can follow.
In today’s passage, another area the shepherd must watch is in identifying and preventing the wolves and thieves that are after the sheep. It is the caring and watchful shepherd that will easily notice areas of backsliding, compromise and pitfalls.
If you are not watchful, God will not give you the information that will place you ahead of events in your local assembly. It is a shame if Heaven bypasses the under- shepherd concerning events in the lives of members or family.
During a praise session, the Spirit said the spirit of death had been sent against somebody there, but that the Lord had helped the individual to avert that death. Members thanked God and left. About a week later, news came that a young lady under the influence of certain unforeseen forces attempted suicide. She was taken to the hospital and survived it because God had earlier revealed Satan’s plan and annulled it. Are you watching effectively over your family, church or the flock in your care? Have you earned God’s trust?
A lot is expected from leaders. Are you meeting up?
- Should Christians pray to Virgin Mary?
- By Babatope Babalobi +2348035897435 email@example.com
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2. By this you know the Spirit of GOD; Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.You are of God little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world .They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error”
–1 JOHN 4: 1-6
- Many religions believe there is God and they use different intermediaries to link up with God. Even some Christian denominations also use some intermediaries to reach God, whether an image, a human being, money etc. It must be known however that there is the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
- The spirit of truth is the spirit of God while the spirit of error is the spirit of Satan. Some people believe they are worshipping God whereas they are worshipping Satan through the influence of the spirit of error. They set up images or human beings in the guise that they are worshipping God.
- Do not be deceived the only way to God is through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. “ I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except though Me.” (John 14:6).
- The litmus test of knowing whether you are worshipping God or not is your acknowledgement of Jesus Christ as Lord. If you worship Mary, Mammon or any other image or your Pastor, Reverend, Bishop or Pope is placed above JESUS then that is the spirit of error.
- If your religion does not acknowledge Jesus as Lord, the spirit of error controls it.
- Check yourself today to see if truly you are worshiping God or the spirit of error. If you are worshipping the spirit of error in ignorance , REPENT and begin to worship God by acknowledging Jesus Christ as Lord.
- If you do not believe in God, you are an atheist and it is the spirit of error at work in your life. You cannot afford to make an error in life. Repent now and begin to serve God through Jesus Christ.
- Do you want to be reconciled with God, through Jesus the Lord and Saviour? Then say this simple prayer:
- Father, in the name of Jesus Christ. I acknowledge that I am a sinner and have fallen short of your glory. I genuinely repent from all my sins and pledge to go and sin no more. I accept your plan to reconcile mankind to you through Jesus Christ, who you sent in your name.
- I believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah, and died on the Cross to pay the penalty for my sins and redeem me. I accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. I pray that His blood washes my sins away. I invite the Holy Spirit to rule my Life. I am born again in Jesus name.
If you want more information on how you can build a new life with God, an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will not worship God in error. I recognize the truth that Jesus is the only way to God the Father, I hold on the truth.
- Jesus the truth of God, set me free from the spirit of error.
- I refuse to be deceived by the devil.
- Spirit of error, you will not succeed in controlling my heart in Jesus name.