Read 2 Corinthians 11 vs 23- 33
By Babatope Babalobi
Whatsapp group- https://chat.whatsapp.com/8sEon4lCm7W9GzRecJWAdP
2 Corinthians 11:23-33 King James Version (KJV)
23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? who is offended, and I burn not?
30 If I must needs glory, I will glory of the things which concern mine infirmities.
31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.
32 In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me:
33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.
- Paul was perhaps the most persecuted Apostle
- He was imprisoned, flogged, and exposed to death more than any other Apostle
- Five times he was flogged 39 times by the Jews for preaching the gospel.
- He was officially flogged 195 times, for preaching the gospel. yet he did not look back
- Apostle Paul was thrice beaten with rods for preaching the gospel, yet his faith grew stronger
- He was once stoned for preaching the gospel, yet he did not deny Jesus
- Thrice his ship was damaged on the ocean when he was on missionary journey yet he continued carrying cross
- He once spent two days at the open sea because his Ship was wrecked yet, he did not turn back from the Cross
- Apostle Paul suffered many dangers and risks on the sea, in the hands of robbers, by fellow Hebrews, in the wilderness, on the sea, and among unbelievers.
- He went for many days without water and food, not because he was fasting but there was no food or water to drink during his missionary journey
- Apostle Paul was a man like you and me
- The question the Holy Spirit is asking you today, is what are you doing for me my son and daughter?
- He was always on the road and exposed to extremes of weather- cold and hot.
- He was always on marathon fasts
- For the sake of the gospel Paul decided not to marry
- For the sake of the gospel Paul decided not to have children
- For the sake of the gospel Paul decided to be a celibate
- WHAT ARE YOU 👆DOING FOR THE SAKE OF THE GOSPEL?
- In all these he did not make a financial demand on the churches….He still managed to work and sent offerings to the churches.
- He had a right to demand offerings and tithes from the Church, rather he was the one sending offerings to the church
- He had a right to demand offerings and tithes from the Church, rather he worked with his hands to earn a living not to be a burden on the church
- I receive the spirit of Apostle Paul in Jesus name
- I receive the power of Apostle Paul in Jesus name
- I receive the mind of Apostle Paul in Jesus name
- Paul suffered weaknesses as a result of his afflictions.
- Paul suffered sicknesses as a result of his afflictions.
- Paul was once imprisoned in Damascus, and he escaped through a window by a basket.
- Apostle Paul placed a curse on himself if he refuses to preach the gospel
- Holy Spirit prayed..Give me souls or I die
- Today, the Holy Spirit is looking around for new Pauls
- Make me a Paul Holy Spirit
- Turn me to a Paul Holy Spirit
- Anoint me like Paul Holy Spirit
- Strengthen me like Paul Holy Spirit
- The Saul in me, turn to Paul in Jesus name
- The Saul in me die, the Paul in me come alive in Jesus name
- I am the Paul of this generation in Jesus name
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3