Mark 9 vs. 17-29
17 A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech.
18 Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.”
19 “O unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.”
20 So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth.
21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?” “From childhood,” he answered.
22 “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.”
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”
25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the evil spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.”
26 The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.”
27 But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.
28 After Jesus had gone indoors, his disciples asked him privately, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?
29 He replied, “This kind can come out only by prayer.”
What insights can we learn about deliverance from demons and evil spirits from these scriptures?
- Evil spirits are real. (Mark 9 vs. 17).
- They caused afflictions (Mark 9vs. 17).
- People can be possessed by Evil spirits- Mark 9 vs 17
- They are spiritual robbers – Mark 9 vs 17
- They rob victims of their blessings- Mark 9 vs17
- They cause insanity and madness (Mark 9vs. 18).
- They punish their victims. (Mark 9 vs. 18).
- They throw their victims to the ground Mark 9 vs 18
- They can be cast out (vs. 18).
- They can only be cast out by the anointing; Mark 9 18
- No every Christian, or Christian leader can cast out Evil spirits- Mark 9 vs 18
- Evil spirits can disgrace powerless Christians, the disciples of Jesus were not able to cast out Evil spirits- Mark 9 vs 18
- Jesus is not happy that Christians and Churches cannot cast out Evil spirits afflicting them- Mark 9 vs 19
- Evil spirits recognise anointing- Mark 9 vs. 20).
- Evil spirits respect anointing- Mark 9 vs. 21).
- Evil spirits bow down to the anointing- Mark 9 vs 20).
- Evil spirits are not happy to be cast out, they can resist deliverance unless under anointing – Mark 9 vs 20)
- Evil spirits recognise Jesus – Mark 9 vs 20
- A man can fall down during deliverance – Mark 9 20
- A person can be possessed by Evil spirits for a life time – Mark 9vs. 21
- Evil spirits are destructive. The plan of demons is to kill – Mark 9 vs. 22
- You need to believe in Jesus to receive deliverance Mark 9 vs. 24
- Evil spirits can be cast out in Jesus name Mark 9 vs 25
- To achieve deliverance you need to rebuke the evils behind you afflictions- Mark 9 vs 25
- There are different evil spirits behind different afflictions, it this passage the deaf and mute spirit is responsible for robbing the child of his speech (dumbness)- Mark 9 vs 25
- You can the authority to command demons in Jesus name. Evil spirits can be given instructions in Jesus name. You can cast them out and command them not to possess a man again- Mark 9 vs. 25
- Evil spirits are sad, unhappy, sorrowful, when they are cast out of their abode Mark 9vs. 26
- Evil spirits can come in and out of a person. Mark 9vs. 25
- Evil spirits are violent. Mark 9 vs. 26
- Anyone possessed by an evil spirit is a living dead- Mark 9 vs 26
- A man can enter in deep sleep after deliverance. Mark 9 vs2
- Deliverance brings sanity, healing, prosperity, and salvation. Mark 9 vs. 27
- Christians cannot cast out Evil spirits unless they are prayerful -Mark 9 29.
- Evil spirits can disgrace minister of God without anointing – Mark 9 vs. 28
- Not every minister of God can cast out Evil spirits – Mark 9 vs. 28).
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 email@example.com
Whatsapp prayergroup: WhatsApp group:
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3