- The 12 disciples of Jesus were introduced in Mathew 10.
- Why did Jesus choose 12 disciples, perhaps the tribes in Israel?
- Why were all the disciples’ male? The plausible reason is to avoid issues that may occur in mixing married or unmarried male and females together on His hectic missionary and evangelistic work. However, several other female disciples ministered to him
- Disciples of Jesus should preach the gospel, and the central message should be that of repentance and salvation. Sermons should be heaven focused (vs.7) – And as ye go, preach, saying, the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Ministers of Christ are empowered to heal the sick and raise the dead (vs.8) – Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead
- Ministers are empowered to cast out devils and deliver people from demonic oppression (vs.8) –, cast out devils
- Ministers should not commercialize the gospel or place a price tag on healing, deliverance, or salvation (vs.8) – freely ye have received, freely give.
- Ministers should trust God to provide their wages- Verse 9 and 10 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
- Ministers should depend on God for financial provision (vs.9, 10) – 9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, 10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
- Salvation is by informed consent. Ministers should not spread the gospel where they are not welcomed (vs.11) – And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
- Ministers of the gospel should be wise and smart and avoid falling into traps of the ungodly (vs.16): be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
- Ministers of Christ should abstain from all evils, and be peaceful (vs.16) – be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
- Ministers should be watchful and vigilant of haters of the gospel (vs.17) – But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
- Ministers of the gospel should expect to be persecuted, hated by the ungodly (vs.22) – And ye shall be hated of all men for my name’s sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
- Ministers should not confront persecutors of the gospel, but ‘flee’ from them (vs.23) – But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
- Ministers of Christ should not be ashamed of the gospel (vs.33) – But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
- Ministers should preach the gospel boldly and openly (vs.27) – What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
- Your enemies will be blood relations– verse 36- And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
- Any Christian who does not minister Christ is akin to an infidel (vs.38) – And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
- Those that support the Minister of the gospel shall be divinely rewarded (vs. 40, 41&42) – 40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. 41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet’s reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man’s reward. 42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp prayergroup: https://chat.whatsapp.com/invite/H0NY69sF2Xk5al80J5vdDI
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3