- Matthew 9 further reveals the healing and salvation ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus healed the paralytic, (vs.2) – And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee;
- Jesus healed the woman with the issue of blood for 12 years, (vs.22) – But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour;
- He rose the daughter of the king from dead, (vs.25)– But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.
- He also caused the blind men to see, (vs.30) – And their eyes were opened; and Jesus straitly charged them, saying, See that no man know it.
- He healed the dumb (vs.33)– And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel.
- Jesus also introduced himself again as the Savior, and friend of sinners. He dined with a crowd of drunkards and sinners. He did not stigmatize nor label them as outcasts. Rather, he announced his ministry to them: ‘(vs.13)– for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- If the only thing we do in church or Christian ministry is to preach to the saved, then we are not fulfilling the ministry of Jesus Verse 12 – 12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
- Jesus revealed himself as a teacher of the word, preacher of the gospel, and a city/village evangelist. The miracles of Jesus were either preceded or accompanied by teaching of the Word of God, and preaching on repentance from sins.
- Lastly Jesus lamented that absence of labourers to harvest souls to the kingdom. Would you decide today to harvest souls for the kingdom by doing the work of a missionary, evangelist, or Pastor?
Verse 37 –Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
- Do you want to remain as a church goer, a bench warmer in church or you want to step out for Jesus from today as a harvester of soul?
- The devil shall not harvest your soul in Jesus name
- The devil shall NOT harvest my soul in Jesus name
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp prayergroup: https://chat.whatsapp.com/invite/H0NY69sF2Xk5al80J5vdDI
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3