Matthew 7 outlines some of the acts of righteousness expected from Christians.
- Don’t judge others. Don’t pass judgment on others. Walk out your own salvation first rather than passing something on others
– vs. 1 – Judge not, that ye be not judged
- Don’t be self-righteous or hypocritical.
Check, criticize, and appraise yourself, and work out your salvation with fear and trembling
Verse 5-Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.
- The law of asking and receiving. If you don’t ask, you may not receive.
Verse 8: For every one that asketh receiveth;
- Ask in faith Present your petitions to God.
– vs. 7 – Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
- Seek in determination. Be persistent and determined when you pray. Use different weapons of warfare. 7 – Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
- Knock in desperation. Be violent. Don’t take No for an answer. Pray until something happens.
– vs. 8 – For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
- You have a Father in heaven. Trust him to care for you.
Verse 11- your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
- Forsake the sinful pleasures of the world if you wish to make heaven. Don’t join the multitude to commit evil.
Many people are on the way to hell. Don’t join the multitude to commit evil. Don’t believe it because it is popular, believe it because it is the word of God.
Forsake the world. Making heaven demands sacrifice. Don’t join the crowd to do evil.
Verse 13: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
- Seek the word and its sacrificial life if you wish to make heaven. Stand up for righteousness, even if you are standing alone. Making heaven requires huge sacrifices. If you wish to gain heaven, you be ready for the pain of holiness.
Few people are finding their way to heaven. Be one of the few.
14–. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
- Beware of false prophets. Don’t believe every man that calls himself a man of God. Test the spirit. Test the character. Look out for the fruits of the spirit.
Verse 15- Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.Verse 20- Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
- Sinners cannot enter into heaven, no matter their pretentions to godliness. Jesus will tell many people on the last day: Depart from me, you are a sinner
Verse 23– And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
- Build your life on the rock. The key to success in life is focusing on God.
– vs. 24 –Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
- If you wish to make heaven, obey the laws of God
Verse 24 – Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
- Don’t be a fool. Anyone that ignores the word of God is a foolish man. Don’t be a fool.
Verse 26– And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
WhatsApp prayergroup: https://chat.whatsapp.com/invite/H0NY69sF2Xk5al80J5vdDI
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3