- The Bible is silent about her ancestry. She is just called a Virgin – Luke 1 vs. 26 – 27 – 26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, 27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
- She received the favour of God to have been chosen to be the mother of Jesus as she could not have been the only Virgin woman in the land – Luke 1 vs. 28 – And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
- She was divinely blessed to be the mother of Jesus – Luke 1 vs. 28 – And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
- She conceived by the power of the Holy Ghost not by sexual relationship with a man – Luke 1 vs. 35 –And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
- She was from a poor family – Luke 1 vs. 48 – For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
- Jesus did not grant her any special status or privilege – Luke 8 vs. 21 – And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it
- Jesus preached against Mary’s adoration – Luke 11 vs. 28 – But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3