New month sermon: How to win a soul for the kingdom of God
1 Corinthians 10 vs 3
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 dFor the weapons eof our warfare are not 1carnal but fmighty in God gfor pulling down strongholds, 5 hcasting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
- This is really a scripture for soul winning rather than for deliverance.
- Several issues are clear from this scripture.
- You may not be able to win a soul simply be evangelizing.
- There are strong holds that have held unbelievers captive and you need to pull them down in the spirit before you can win the captives for Christ
- You can not win a soul through debate and arguments on the scriptures. If for instance someone asks you: How are you sure there is heaven, have you been to heaven before? I am sure you may not be able to give a convincing respond.
- You cannot win a soul by trying to debunk philosophies and theories against the Bible.
- The most effective way of soul winning is intercessory prayer and fasting to cast down strongholds that have held believers captive.
- You need to engage in warfare in the spirit to set unbelievers free physically and spiritually
Holy Spirit, give me souls this month in Jesus name