Mark 2 vs 1-13 –And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home.
2 And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men.
4 And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. 5 And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 6 Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts,
7 “Why does this man speak like that? He is blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
8 And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them,“Why do you question these things in your hearts?
9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’?
10 But that you may know that bthe Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the paralytic—
11 “I say to you, rise, pick up your bed, and go home.”
12 And he rose and immediately picked up his bed and went out before them all, so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”
How to receive a miracle: Break the roof
The story of how the Man sick of palsy received healing from Jesus contains several lessons on how to receive a miracle.
1. Have a strong desire. The man could not have been the only one sickly, but he was the only one that overcame all odds to present himself for healing miracle.
2. Present yourself to Jesus. The man knew he needed supernatural intervention to be healed, so he presented himself to Jesus. If you want a miracle, approach the miracle worker.
3. Have extreme faith. The sick man agreed to be taken up the ladder, agreed to be let down a broken roof, and agreed to go through all the pains to receive healing. You need to leave and abandon your comfort zone to receive healing. No pain no gain. You need to go through the pain of studying the Bible, praying without ceasing, fasting, sacrificial holiness, and service to God.
4. Have supporters. Iron sharpeneth Iron. You need people to help you get out of crises. You need more friends not enemies. Who took the man with his sick bed to Jesus, who attempted to bring him to Jesus and failed, who took him up the roof, who broke the roof, who took him down a broken roof without the sick getting injured, who laid the sick man on the bed before Jesus, and who called the attention of Jesus to the sick man? His Friends and family members! This year you need more friends and associates that will help you come out of crisis.
5. To sustain your miracle you need to run from sin. Jesus told him to go and sin no more. If you go back to sin, Satan will afflict you again
6. Use wisdom . It takes wisdom for the friends/family of the sick man to know they needed to break the roof to receive a miracle.Otherwise the man would have died in sickness
7. Purse your dreams. I am sure the man and his friends would have faced ridicule, oppositions, scorn, and physical pain while climbing and breaking the roof to get to Jesus. Ignore the world, pursue your dreams, and the world will end up celebrating you
- I break the roof covering my open heavens in Jesus name.
- I break the roof of prayerlessness and sin covering my miracles in Jesus name
Babatope Babalobi email@example.com