Christmas sermon: lessons from the Birth of Jesus Christ
Read Mathew 1 and 2; and Luke 1
- You shall be rewarded. There is a reward for chastity and purity. Mary would have lost her divine destiny if she indulged in premarital sex during courtship with Joseph. –Mathew 1 vs 18. As you hold on to sexual purity, you shall be rewarded in Jesus name.
- You shall be favoured. Mary was favoured. She could not have been the only Virgin in the land, but she was highly favoured among women. – Luke 1 vs 29. I pray you shall attract favour in Jesus name.
- You shall be singled out for blessing. Mary was singled out for blessing. God decided to bless Mary with a son of the Holy Ghost. – Luke 1 vs 29. I pray you shall be singled out for blessing among a multitude of men and women in Jesus name.
- You shall be promoted. Mary was a house girl, promoted to become ‘mother of God’. The Bible describes her as a handmaid. Luke 1 vs 47. Yet she was magnified above all women. I pray God shall turn your weakness to strength in Jesus name
- You shall not be barren. Bareness is not from God. The Holy Spirit that caused a virgin woman to conceive and bore a son called Jesus, without sexual intercourse, would cause every woman that has a womb or without a womb to be a mother of children. – Mathew 1 vs 18.
- Your reproaches shall be rolled away. Jesus rolled away the reproach of Elisabeth. John was born six months earlier, as a forerunner of Jesus. John had to be born earlier because he had a part to play to fulfil Jesus’s ministry. Elisabeth who faced the reproach of bareness for many decades, gave birth to John who heralded the ministry of Jesus. Luke 1 vs 36. As you celebrate Jesus every reproach of bareness in your life shall be rolled away in Jesus name.
- Receive faith. Mary was a woman of faith. Mary believed the Angel of God. Luke 1 vs 38. I pray faithlessness shall not deny you a breakthrough in Jesus name.
- Your husband shall be a just man. Joseph was a just man. Joseph the ‘father’ of Jesus was described as a ‘just man’. May God give single ladies just men as husbands in Jesus name. – Mathew 1 vs 19
- Receive divine visitation and guidance. An Angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph. The angel of the Lord shall appear to you today to give you direction and guidance in Jesus name– Mathew 1 vs 20.
- Jesus shall save you. His name means saviour. No matter the depth, degree, or nature of sin you have committed in the past, Jesus will save you when you call unto him. Mathew 1 vs 21
- God shall not fail you. God does not lie. Jesus’s birth was in fulfilment of prophecy by Prophet Isaiah 9 vs 6; and several other prophets. I prophesy that every good prophecy on you shall come to pass in Jesus name- Mathew 1 vs 22.
- God is with you. Jesus means God with us. Anytime you shout the name Jesus, know surely that you are bringing down the attention and presence of God to your situation – Mathew 1 vs 23.
- There is a reward for obedience. Adam disobeyed God. But Joseph obeyed God. Joseph would have lost his place in the divine salvation plan of God if he had not obeyed God and agreed to accept a pregnancy he is not responsible for. – Mathew 1 vs 24. Choose to obey God today.
- Wise men shall minister to you. Wise men came to look for Jesus. I pray that your destiny shall attract wise men in Jesus name- Mathew 2 vs 1.
- Your star shall shine. The Star of Jesus appeared brightly from the time of his birth and was seen from the East. I pray that you Star shall shine early in your life- Mathew 2 vs 2.
- God shall trouble your troublers. Herod was troubled at the birth of Jesus. God shall trouble your troublers in Jesus name. The powers that are sad because of your breakthroughs shall be silenced in Jesus name- Mathew 2 vs 3.
- Follow follow powers shall die. Wise men followed the Star of Jesus for good, but Herod monitored Jesus’s Star for evil. I pray powers following and monitoring your star for evil shall die suddenly like Herod in Jesus name- Mathew 2 vs 7.
- You shall move from poverty to prosperity. Jesus born in a manger, became wealthy from birth as He was presented with precious gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. I pray you Star shall attracted gifts that shall banish poverty from your family in Jesus name- Mathew 2 vs 11.
- You shall move from minimum to maximum. Jesus was born among animals in a manger with swaddling clothes around him. Luke 2 vs 7. This is the humblest of birth, but he ended up being the greatest person that ever lived on earth. It is not your beginning that matters, nor where you are, the power of God shall promote you from the minimum to the maximum.
- God will give you space. There was no space for Jesus in the inn. Luke 2 vs 7. Those denying you a space now, shall come back to bow before you in Jesus name.
- Prepare for divine visitation. Angels visited Jesus at birth, Luke 2 vs 9. An angel of God shall visit you today and always in Jesus name.
- Receive God’s Glory. The glory of God filled the presence of Jesus from birth. Luke 2 vs 9. The glory of God shall overshadow you today and all the days of your life in Jesus name.
- God shall deliver you. Herod sought to destroy Jesus from birth. Those seeking your life from birth shall die, the battles of your life from birth, shall expire in Jesus name- Mathew 2 vs 13.
- Your Herods shall die. ‘But when Herod was dead…’ Mathew 2 vs 19. The powers that want you dead shall die in Jesus name.
- Expect divine direction. Jesus was born in Bethlehem- Mathew 2 vs 1; and was taken to Egypt on divine instruction- Mathew 2 vs 13; and later to Nazareth by divine revelation- Mathew 2 vs 22. I pray that your steps shall be directed by God in Jesus name. You shall not walk amiss in Jesus name.
- You shall not be stagnant. ‘And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him’. Luke 2 vs 40.
- You shall move forward. You shall grow just as Jesus grew. Luke 2 vs 40.
- You shall increase. You shall increase in strength just as Jesus increased in strength. Luke 2 vs 40.
- You shall be wise. You shall be filled with wisdom just as Jesus was wise. Luke 2 vs 40.
- Receive great grace. The grace of Jesus shall be upon you just as Jesus was filled with grace. Luke 2 vs 40.
Babatope Babalobi email@example.com +2348035897435
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3