Mathew 1 vs 1: The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Mathew 1 vs 17: So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
- There are 42 generations between the Abraham and birth of Jesus, but Jesus was only called the son of two out of his 42 ancestors.
- Jesus was called the Son of Abraham and David.
- The forty other ancestors were mentioned just in passing, because they were not story changers like Abraham and David.
- Why was Jesus referred to as son of David, son of Abraham? Why not son of Josias, and son of Azor, who are part of his ancestors?
- It is simply because the history of the ancestry of Jesus Christ changed during the lifetime of Abraham and David
- My name, rewrite the history of my generation in Jesus name
- My name, redefine the history of my descendants up to the 42nd generation in Jesus name
- My name shall be the reference point for my family in Jesus name
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 email@example.com
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3
This entry was posted in Birth, Christmas, Jesus Christ and tagged Babatope Babalobi, Bible study, christian deliverance, christian prayers, Christianity, christmas, christmas message, church, Devotionals, Faith, God, good news, Holiness, Jesus, Prayers, Religion, Save the World.