Mark 4 vs 36-40
36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.
37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.
38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?
- One of the remarkable occurrences in Mark 4 is that Jesus also sleeps.
- Jesus and his disciples were on a ship on the high sea, a great storm faced the ship, the ship was almost drowning, the disciples were afraid of sinking with the ship but Jesus slept off.
What lessons can we learn from this encounter?
- Jesus, though a God in human flesh, behaved completely like a human being.
- This incident emphasizes the importance of resting and taking a nap to become refreshed.
- Only foolish people overwork themselves, even our God took a rest on the seventh day.
- Another lesson is that we should simply ignore several issues of life that we allow to worry us. Jesus ignored the raging storm. You need to turn on the ignore mode against every raging storm of your life.
- Jesus slept off when the storm was raging because He knew God was in control. Our fear and faithfulness must give away to fear.
- Jesus had earlier ordained the disciples but the disciples never knew they had power against the wind and sea. Many Christians are ignorant or delimit the power of God in their lives.
- Jesus is still asking that same questions to his disciples, why are you so fearful?
- Let every raging storm against your ship, marriage, finances, business, family etc, be still in Jesus name.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3