Mathew 17 vs 20-21
20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. 21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
- The powerlessness of believers, among other issues is discussed in Mathew 17.
- Jesus lamented the powerless of His disciples who could not cast out and heal a boy that was demon-possessed.
3. Just like in the days of old, several disciples and ministers of Christ are powerless against evil spirits. Most people parading themselves as men of God, are more of inspirational and motivational speakers. They have excellent oratorical skills, they are great teachers of the word, but poor in manifesting the power of the word.
4. Jesus Christ gave three qualities every healing and deliverance Minister should possess.
- A Minister of God must be a man of great faith (vs. 20). However, faith is not enough as not all miracles can be accomplished by faith.
- A Minister of God must be prayerful (vs. 21). But this is not enough as some demons cannot be cast out by prayers alone.
- A Minister of God must fast from time to time, but this is not enough, as fasting alone, not combined with prayers is a hunger strike.
- 5. As such the treble combination of faith, prayer, and fasting is needed to receive healing and deliverance.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3