The parable of the sower is one of the most popular parables by Jesus; its main lessons are:
- The word of God cannot prosper in your life, and you cannot grow spiritually unless you understand the word of God. (vs. 19) – When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
- Followers of Christ will surely face persecutions and turbulences (vs. 21) – Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
- A new Christian convert needs to be discipled to be rooted in the word of God, otherwise the tribulations and persecutions of the world will cause him to backslide. (vs. 21) – Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
- You cannot set your affection and interest on Christ and riches at the same time. The desire to acquire wealth stifles Christian growth and development (vs. 22) – He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful. Choose between Christ or riches.
- Those that understand and abide by the word of God shall bear fruits of different depths, dimensions, and degree. vs 23
- Holy Spirit, reveal your word to me.
- Holy Spirit teach me your word.
- I cut off the pleasures of sin and deceitfulness of riches in Jesus name.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3