By Bishop Bisi Bankole
Luke 5 vs. 1-7
And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
- Your connection to Jesus is enough to turn around your life. Your connection with Jesus is enough to give you overflow. Your relationship with Jesus can make anything out of you. Jesus changed the life of Peter from a nobody to a celebrant. The greatest investment in anybody’s life is the word of God. When the word hits you, it will change your life.
- Any sermon about prosperity will seem contrary to the present economic situation.
- Nigeria’s economy is in recession, but God’s economy cannot be in recession. Your economy cannot be dictated by Nigeria’s economy. Though you are a Nigeria, your economy is not Nigerian. The Bible says in Job 22 vs. 29: When men are cast down, then thou shalt say, There is lifting up
- 1 Peter 2 vs. 9: But yeare a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
- Christianity is a call to be blessed. By the virtue of the word of God, if you are Christian, you are blessed. And that gives you a capacity to overflow. The blessings of God empower a man to overflow. But you have to actualize your overflowing blessings.
- Galatians 3 vs. 13-14. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
- The blessings of God come through Abraham. The moment you are connected to God, you are connected to Abraham’s blessings.
- Genesis 24 vs. 1. And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the Lord had blessed Abraham in all things.
- God blessed Abraham in all things. You are in Christ Jesus so that the blessings of Abraham can be yours.
- 2 Kings 7 vs 1-2: Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of theLord; Thus saith the Lord, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the Lord would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
- Your destiny is your belief. Any good thing you believe God for shall come to pass. Whatever you don’t belief, you will see it happening to people but you will not partake in it. You need to believe, before God can prosper you or before you can prosper, Believe it, think it, speak it, it will come to pass in your life.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3