The World Overcomers Church, Lagos
2 Samuel 9 vs. 1-13
9 And David said, Is there yet any that is left of the house of Saul, that I may shew him kindness for Jonathan’s sake?
2 And there was of the house of Saul a servant whose name was Ziba. And when they had called him unto David, the king said unto him, Art thou Ziba? And he said, Thy servant is he.
3 And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.
4 And the king said unto him, Where is he? And Ziba said unto the king, Behold, he is in the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, in Lodebar.
5 Then king David sent, and fetched him out of the house of Machir, the son of Ammiel, from Lodebar.
6 Now when Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan, the son of Saul, was come unto David, he fell on his face, and did reverence. And David said, Mephibosheth. And he answered, Behold thy servant!
7 And David said unto him, Fear not: for I will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father’s sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.
8 And he bowed himself, and said, What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?
9 Then the king called to Ziba, Saul’s servant, and said unto him, I have given unto thy master’s son all that pertained to Saul and to all his house.
10 Thou therefore, and thy sons, and thy servants, shall till the land for him, and thou shalt bring in the fruits, that thy master’s son may have food to eat: but Mephibosheth thy master’s son shall eat bread alway at my table. Now Ziba had fifteen sons and twenty servants.
11 Then said Ziba unto the king, According to all that my lord the king hath commanded his servant, so shall thy servant do. As for Mephibosheth, said the king, he shall eat at my table, as one of the king’s sons.
12 And Mephibosheth had a young son, whose name was Micha. And all that dwelt in the house of Ziba were servants unto Mephibosheth.
13 So Mephibosheth dwelt in Jerusalem: for he did eat continually at the king’s table; and was lame on both his feet.
- David promoted Mephiboseth and made him to eat at the king’s table. Your God will lift up your head from affliction and cause you to live at the palace.
- David called Mephiboseth from the desert and bought him to the palace. The Kings of the land shall call you to the palace in Jesus name.
- Even when he was about to be promoted, Mephiboseth described himself as a ‘dead dog’. Don’t disqualify yourself for any position from now henceforth because you are connected to Jesus, people who are connected to Jesus from all over the world will show you mercy.
- Mephibosheth, the son of Jonathan means shame destroyer. Though he was a prince, he became lame and lived in the desert, but his head was eventually lifted up. Shame was eventually destroyed in his life. Every shame in your life shall be destroyed in Jesus name.
- Mephiboseth was lame, but that does not remove the fact he was a prince. The fact that you are poor, jobless, or barren now does not remove the fact that you are the son of the high God.
- King David gave an instruction that his servants should go and fetch Mephosobeth to the palace. There shall be a call for you in the palace in Jesus name
- I see Jesus calling you out of poverty, sickness, marital delay, depression, tenancy, out of sin in Jesus name
- You may not have the right qualification, but Jesus will cause you to be favoured. Prepare yourself, there is going to be a change. The King shall call you and there shall be a change in your position. The King will send for you from the palace, expect it and you will receive it
- You need to have a connection with Jesus to receive a call from the King.
- When you are believing God for something, let the world hear, let your friends hear, let your enemies hear.
- The right mindset will pull you out of poverty. Complains will not pull you out.
- Make every effort to be connected to Jesus. It is not enough to be a Christian or a church goer. Make every effort to have a personal relationship with Jesus.
- If you understand the benefits of living in Christ, you will not dabble in sin. In Christ is life and prosperity. You cannot be stranded anywhere you go.
- The King is calling you to the palace just like how King David called Mephibosheth to the palace
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3