- Matthew 3 focuses on the ministry of John the Baptist and the necessity of repentance and confession of sins – 3 vs. 2 – And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Just as the voice of John the Baptist who is the forerunner of Christ cried in the wilderness calling for repentance of sins; the voice of Jesus is now crying in our hearts calling for repentance and confession of sins.
- There is a brother and a sister that needs to repent today from the sin of stealing, anger, bitterness, lying, cheating, murder, and sexual perversion.
- We are also introduced to water baptism which symbolizes submission to God in repentance
- But the ritual of water baptism can no longer save anyone, as John the Baptist himself said baptism of followers of Christ will be by Holy Ghost and fire – 11 – indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
- While anyone can present himself for water baptism, the Holy Ghost and fire of God only baptizes the righteous. Water baptism cannot save anyone from sin.
- Have you been baptized by the Holy Ghost?
- Lastly, we saw the humility and righteousness of the Lord Jesus who subjected himself to be baptized by John the Baptist. This is in sharp contrast to the spiritual arrogance in contemporary Christianity.
Holy Spirit, break me down in Jesus name.
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 email@example.com
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3