Ephesian 6 vs. 2 – “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise
Exodus 20 vs. 12 – Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
What does the scripture mean?
- Don’t bring the name of your parents into disrepute.
- Respect your parents.
- Recognise your parents. Don’t be ashamed of them in public places, no matter how poor or illiterate they may be.
- Acknowledge your parents through the work of your hands. Don’t forget to dedicate your books, works, etc to them.
- Give your parents a treat. Sponsor them on tourism.
- Greet your parents very well, every time that is necessary.
- Make your parents comfortable. Are you living in a mansion while your parents are living in penury? Are you driving a posh car while your parents are trekking?
- Give your parents gifts and offerings. Two years ago, I decided at least 2.5% of my monthly income goes to my parents. You can do better.
- Don’t forget the past labours of your parents on you.
- Obey your parents.
Babatope Babalobi +2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org