Exodus 23 vs. 13 – And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth
What is the meaning of this verse?
- Don’t attend idolatrous feasts.
- Don’t participate in any festival or ceremony where it is forbidden to mention the name of God or Jesus, or where the names of idols are being glorified.
- Run away from the traditional rites of your family where ancestral gods are being worshipped, praised or remembered.
- Don’t sing songs or say proverbs or slangs that praise and honour any idol.
- Change your name if it honours and idol. Don’t bear the name of an idol.
- Don’t give glory to any idol in whatever circumstance.
- Don’t watch films or movies where idols are honoured.
Babatope Babalobi +2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org