1 John 3 vs. 9 – Whosoever is born of God do not commit sin for his seed remaineth in him and he cannot sin because he is born of God.
1. Does a believer commit sin and/or are born again Christians sinless? Is it possible for a Christian to continue to sin or not?
2. The answer to this question is Yes and No
3. Yes, a born again Christian is sinless because the spirit of God dwelleth in him
4. No, because the reality is that many Christians including born again Christians still commit various kinds of sin everyday
5. Sin has a very broad scope including lying, anger, malice, envy, bitterness, covetousness, lust of the heart, and material idolatry
6. A born again Christian may not be committing adultery through fornication but he may be committing adultery through lust of the heart. A born again may not be worshipping false idols or gods or oracles but may have several idols in his heart such as excessive indulgence to telephones, television, social media, food, etc. The truth is that anything that has become your habit and takes you away from the presence of God is an idol.
7. The scripture says our righteousness is like a filthy rag and we need to fight race to heaven with fear and trembling.
8. We need to continue to pray for mercy and forgiveness of known and unknown sins instead of claiming any sanctimonious righteousness.
• Dominion of sin over my life be destroyed in Jesus name
• Powers drawing me to sin, be cut off in Jesus name
• My flesh, die to sin in Jesus name
• Blood of Jesus, clean my filthy heart in Jesus name
• Fire of God, burn my filthy rags in Jesus name.
Babatope Babalobi firstname.lastname@example.org +2348035897435
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3