Mathew 1 vs 1: The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Mathew 1 vs 17: So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.
- There are 42 generations between the Abraham and birth of Jesus, but Jesus was only called the son of two out of his 42 ancestors.
- Jesus was called the Son of Abraham and David.
- The forty other ancestors were mentioned just in passing, because they were not story changers like Abraham and David.
- Why was Jesus referred to as son of David, son of Abraham? Why not son of Josias, and son of Azor, who are part of his ancestors?
- It is simply because the history of the ancestry of Jesus Christ changed during the lifetime of Abraham and David
- My name, rewrite the history of my generation in Jesus name
- My name, redefine the history of my descendants up to the 42nd generation in Jesus name
- My name shall be the reference point for my family in Jesus name
Babatope Babalobi: + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3