One of the mysterious of life is the afflictions faced by God fearing, Bible reading, and Church going Christians; while the anti Christ, world loving, and unbelieving wicked prosper. God gives answers to this scenario in a conversation with Prophet Habakkuk.
Habakkuk 1 vs 1: O Lord, how long shall I cry, And You will not hear?
Even cry out to You, “Violence!” And You will not save.
Habakkuk 1 vs 4: For the wicked surround the righteous;
Therefore perverse judgment proceeds.
Habakkuk 1 vs 12: O Lord, You have appointed them for judgment;
O Rock, You have marked them for correction.
Why do the wicked prosper?
- There are times God refuses to listen to the cries of His people.
- There are times God refuses to save His people from the ‘wickedness of the wicked’ (Psalm 7 vs 9)
- There are times God allows the wicked to overcome the righteous.
- At times like this, the wicked has become a vessel in the hands of God, and an instrument to fulfil His plans for the righteous.
Why do the righteous suffer?
- The righteous may suffer as a punishment for past backsliding, especially if this happens after he has made a covenant of righteousness with God.
- The righteous may suffer as a judgement from God for things he (the righteous) have not done ‘right’.
- The righteous may suffer to make him a better Christian, to refine, and sharpen him in holiness.
- The righteous may suffer as a form of rebuke, and correct him in the way of holiness
- I terminate every wickedness of the wicked in my life, in Jesus name
- I receive the grace and power to live right in Jesus name
Babatope Babalobi + 2348035897435 firstname.lastname@example.org
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3