You can become great in life by positioning yourself for greatness
Read Daniel 1 and 2
Daniel became great in a foreign land, by positioning himself for greatness.
- He was captured as a slave and taken to the house of Nebuchadnezzar, an idolatrous king – Daniel 1 vs. 2 – And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with some of the articles of the house of God, which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the articles into the treasure house of his god.
- Even before King Nebuchadnezzar selected him for training, Daniel was gifted. He had all the qualities the King desired. The King requested for children of Israel who had specific qualities. If Daniel did not fulfill the criteria, he would not have been selected. Maybe thousands of Israelites were taken captive, but only few had the qualities the King wanted.
If God connect you to the presence of a King today, the King may not be able to help you, unless you have something to offer.
King Nebuchadnezzar wanted someone:
- With no blemish – good moral upbringing
- Well favoured – good character and relationship skillful
- Understand science
- Confident and bold
- Daniel 1 vs. 4 –young men in whomthere was no blemish, but good-looking, gifted in all wisdom, possessing knowledge and quick to understand, who had ability to serve in the king’s palace, and whom they might teach the language and literature of the Chaldeans.
- Though Daniel was give an idolatrous name, he refused to commit idolatry. No one can force you to commit evil – Daniel 1 vs. 7 – To them the chief of the eunuchs gave names: he gave Danielthe name Belteshazzar; to Hananiah, Shadrach; to Mishael, Meshach; and to Azariah, Abed-Nego.
- Daniel purpose in his heart to remain holy. No one commits sin unintentionally – Daniel 1 vs. 8 – But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s delicacies, nor with the wine which he drank; therefore he requested of the chief of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.
- Daniel was favoured by God in the eyes of his captives, because he was righteous. Grace does not abound in sin. Daniel received favour from God because he refused to defile himself – Daniel 1 vs. 9 –Now God had brought Daniel into the favor and goodwill of the chief of the eunuchs.
- God also gave Daniel special gift – interpreting dreams, wisdom and knowledge because he refused to defile himself – Daniel 1 vs. 17 – As for these four young men, God gave them knowledge and skill in all literature and wisdom; and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams.
+ 2348035897435 email@example.com
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3