How to handle crises situations: Lessons from Daniel
Read Daniel 2
Daniel and other wise men in Babylon faces a crisis situation. They were about to be slain but how did Daniel handled the situation and turned impending calamity to promotion?
How should we handle tough difficult crisis situations?
- Keep calm: When Daniel heard the news of his assassination, he was not exasperated, but was calm and composed – 13 – So the decree went out, and they began killing the wisemen; and they sought Daniel and his companions, to kill them.
- Pray for a mouth and wisdom. Daniel engaged his impending assassination with counsel and wisdom – 14 – Then with counsel and wisdom Daniel answered Arioch, the captain of the king’s guard, who had gone out to kill the wisemen of Babylon;
- Be patient. Do not be hasty. Take time to meditate on the solution. Daniel asked for time to come up with a solution. It may not be possible to solve tough problems overnight – 16 – So Daniel went in and asked the king to give him time, that he might tell the king the interpretation.
- Seek godly advice. In the multitude of counsel there is a solution. Daniel sought the advice of his friends. He did not consult unbelievers but his godly friends – 17 – Then Daniel went to his house, and made the decision known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions,
- Pray for God’s mercy – 18 –that they might seek mercies from the God of heaven concerning this secret, so that Daniel and his companions might not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon.
- Petition God and pray for God’s intervention – 19 – Then the secret was revealed to Daniel in a night vision. So Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
- Remember to bless God with a gift offering when He solves your problem – 20 – answered and said: “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His.
- Remember to praise and worship God for giving you a solution – 24 – Therefore Daniel went to Arioch, whom the king had appointed to destroy the wisemen of Babylon. He went and said thus to him: “Do not destroy the wisemen of Babylon; take me before the king, and I will tell the king the interpretation.”
- Remember to give all the glory back to God – 28 – But there is a God in heaven who reveals secrets, and He has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days. Your dream, and the visions of your head upon your bed, were these:
- Lastly, don’t give into the devil. Daniel refused to die, cried to God and God turned his impending calamity to victory – 46 – Then King Nebuchadnezzar fell on his face, prostrate before Daniel, and commanded that they should present an offering and incense to him.
+ 2348035897435 email@example.com
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3