The thief cometh not but for to steal, and to kill , and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and that they might have it more abundantly – John 10 vs 10.
I woke up this morning with a dream, in which I saw a mob pursuing a thief. Some soldiers joined in the hot pursuit; eventually the mob and soldiiers caught up with the thief and he was lynched. In the dream, I saw the thief gasping for breath, and dying.
The Holy Spirit then told me : ‘This man has just wasted his life’.
As I woke up from bed, I meditated on the incident, and the Holy Spirit gave me the understanding that, just as the thief in the dream wasted his life, a lot of people are indulging in activities that is turning their lives into a waste!
1. You could waste you life by smoking, which would eventually develop into cancer of the lungs, terminating your life prematurely.
2. You can decide to waste your life through drug addiction, knowing fully well that this is injurious to your health and will trigger a wide range of sicknesses.
3. You could decide to waste your life by compulsive love for alcoholic drinks such as strong wine and beer, which would destroy your liver or kidney over a period of time, leading to premature death.
4. You could decide to waste your life by running after strange women, and no matter how careful you are, you might one day contact sexually transmitted diseases leading you to the grave prematurely.
5. Are you indulging in risky behaviours such as excessive speeding without using seat beats, travelling in canoe or boats on rivers without using life jackets, walking in lonely places at night etc……then your life may end up a waste.
6. You are on the way to wasting your life if you indulge in unhealthy eating habits such as eating too much of sugary, carbohydrates and fatty foods, which may turn you into a diabetic patient sooner or later.
7. You may be on the path to wasting your life if you indulge in negative lifestyles. Are you easily angered, worried, anxious, hot tempered…..watch it as high blood pressure and hypertension may soon knock at the door of your heart.
8. Your life can be wasted if your destiny is not fulfilled, if you refuse to redeem the time, if out of laziness you refuse to work hard to end a living …ending up in poverty, if you become corrupted by bad friends, etc
Just as physical factors could cause you to waste your life, there are also spiritual forces waiting to waste your life.
1. You could allow your life to be wasted by the forces of evil, if out of spiritual ignorance you refuse to indulge in spiritual warfare…If you fail to resist the devil so that he can flee away. James 4 vs 7.
2. You could consciously allow your life and destiny to be wasted by dark powers, because of your own spiritual laziness ; if you refuse to fast and pray always as enjoined by -1 Thessalonians 5 vs 7.
3. Your life may end up a waste if you sleep and snore every night allowing the enemy to catch up with you and afflict you at night; whereas Jesus has warned that the enemy of your life is waiting to harm you as you lie down to sleep. Mathew 13 vs 25.
4. Are you hot for Jesus today and hot for Satan tomorow? Satan may not allow you to become hot again for Jesus as he could decide to waste you suddenly.
5. You could allow your life to be wasted if you refuse to stand up to execute judegment on the Pharaohs that has put in bondages, if you refuse to behead the Goliaths that want to kill you, and if you refuse to kill the Herods that want you dead.
My prayer for you today is that your life shall not be wasted in Jesus name, the powers that are planning to waste your life shall be wasted, and the physical and spiritual forces that are waiting to catch up with you, like the mob caught up with the thief in the dream, these wasting forces shall be wasted in Jesus.
My prayer for you is that you shall fulfill destiny in Jesus name.
Babatope Babalobi http:// http://www.christonline.wordpress.com +2348035897435 email@example.com