By Babatope Babalobi
15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lordthy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
16 Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the field.
59 Then the Lord will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.
63 And it shall come to pass, that as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
- The major global news this past week is the earthquake in Nepal, an Asian countr, that has led to the death of over 6000 people and left over 12000 people homeless as of today.
- When tragedies of this magnitude happen, it is common to question the place of God, and ask why He has allowed such an occurrence.
- Though natural disasters occur in both christian and non christian nations, the promises of the scriptures are still clear..in the mist of these calamities, God will still divinely protect His people from harm.
- The case of Nepal is however peculiar. Christians represent less than 1% of the Nepalese population which most being Hindus.
- I visited Nepal in 2007, and was amazed to find Hindu shrines in almost every corner, every home, every office, every hotel, every public and every private place.
- There are also several hundreds of Hindu temples located all over the country, with reports showing most of them destroyed by the recent earthquake.
- The recent earthquake is God’s mockery and judgement on widespread idolatry in Nepal. The millions of Hindu shrines and hundreds of Hindu temples have failed to save their adherents.
- But even in the midst of these, Christians should demonstrate God’s love to the victims, intercede for God’s mercy, and pray that the eyes of the people of Nepal should be opened to the foolishness of serving man made gods.
Babatope Babalobi +2348035897435
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCK