The Bible counsels that Christians should avoid the lusts of the world. What are these fleshy lusts and how do we overcome them?
Babatope Babalobi email@example.com +2348035897435
1 Peter 2 vs 11:11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us
What are fleshy lusts?
- Listening to worldly music on romance, sex and dating
- Watching pornography
- Addition to masturbation
- Gluttony – Over eating
- Drunkenness – Excessive love for alcoholic drinks
- Unbridled fashion
- Crass materialism – Acquiring every latest tech
- Obsessive consumerism
- Accumulating luxuries instead of needs
- Sexual obsession/perversion including Illicit sex, Premarital sex,Extra marital sex, Homosexuality – lesbianism, Gays, Transgender, Bisexuals,Rape, and Oral se
- Evil communication- Addiction to worldly movies
- Drug addiction -Heroin, cocaine, India hemp, and Cigarette smoking
- Greed, covetous, stealing.
- Gossip, envy, malice, talkativeness
- Human wisdom and theology.
Categories of fleshly lusts
- Satisfying the brain through evil information and human wisdom
- Satisfying the body to look more charming, elegant and beautiful
- Satisfying the ear by listening to evil communication
- Satisfying the eyes by watching things that pollute the spirit
- Satisfying the sexual organs outside marriage
- Satisfying the mouth by talking all day
- Satisfying the tongue by gossiping all day
- Satisfying the throat by smoking, overeating and over drinking
- Satisfying the hands by touching what you don’t have a right to touch
- Satisfying your tongue, legs , fingers through illicit sexual sensations
- Fire of God destroy my flesh in Jesus name.
App for BB phones: http://goo.gl/HJcXqF
App for Android phones/iOS: http://goo.gl/bwCKv3