How can Christians make and take tough and difficult decisions?
Lot was in a similar situation, he had a difficult and tough decision to make. Did he choose right? How can we learn from the bible story of Lot in our every day life in making and taking tough and difficult decisions?
Genesis 13 vs. 10 – And Lot lifted up his eyes, and beheld all the plain of Jordan, that it was well watered every where, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, even as the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as thou comest unto Zoar.
- Lot had a difficult decision to make in choosing whether to dwell in well watered plain of Jordan or the land of Canaan.
- He eventually choose Jordan, which became a huge mistake in later years as God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- Your destiny is tied to the quality of decisions you have taken in the past and the quality of decisions you may take in the future.
- Most likely you are about to take a critical decision. This decision may be in regard to your career, marriage, job, travelling opportunity, education, finance, or business.
- What lessons can we learn from the experience of Lot? How do we avoid taking wrong decisions and make good decisions?
- Don’t take any decision in a hurry. Unless is a matter of life and death, don’t allow any one to hurry you into taking any decision. Be patient. Think over it. Sleep over it. There is always something fishy about a decision that cannot wait for the next day.
- Gather information about other options and alternatives you have. Don’t believe anyone that says there is no alternative to Not all that glitters is gold.
- Pray to God before you make a life decision and the spirit of God will direct you in Jesus name.
- Any good decision you take must give you a peace of mind. So a litmus test to know if you have taken a good decision, is if you have complete peace of mind at the end.
By Babatope Babalobi firstname.lastname@example.org +2348035897435