Listen to the Audio sermon of this message here:
What is the message of God for his children in the new year? What are the divine predictions for 2014? What are the new things God wishes to do in your life in 2014? What is the new year message of God for His children?
Isaiah 49 vs. 18-19: Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of Old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
By Babatope Babalobi
What is a new thing God is talking about?
- A new Job
- A new house
- A new contract
- Business opportunity/shop
- A new financial breakthrough to pay bills/debts
- A husband/wife
- New baby
- A new travelling opportunity/visa
- Divine healing
- Promotion in work places
What are the lessons from this scripture?
- Stop lamenting your past failures
- That you failed this year, does not mean you will not succeed next year
- God is a specialist in doing a new thing
- God wants us to have new things
- God is ready to do a new thing for you whether you believe it or not
- Stagnancy is not from God
- That new things shall manifest now
- The new things is a testimony that you cannot hide
- The new thing is not an expected opportunity, but an unexpected opportunity
- The new thing cannot be achieved by human effort.
- Be ready for a miracle.
How do you receive that new thing?
- Foolish Faith…. Have Faith In God– Mark 11:22-24
- Be violent.. “And from the days of John the Baptist until now the KINGDOM OF HEAVEN SUFFERETH VIOLENCE, and the violent take it by force – Math 11 vs 12
- Praise God -He inhabits the praises of His people (Psalms 22:3)
- Challenge God – Isaiah 45 vs 11 concerning the work of my hands command ye
- Improve your skills -Proverbs 22:29 Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean [men]
- Network-Proverbs 6:6-11 “Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!
- Pray and Fast- Mathew 17 vs 21; “But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
- Covenant giving: Psalms 50:5 Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
- Be a soul winner– Luke 15 vs 10: There is Joy in the presence of God over one sinner that repentent
- Holiness-“Holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord. – Hebrews 12 vs. 14
- Spiritual warfare: Deal with the enemies of a new thing
You need to deal with enemies of a new thing. Who are these enemies?
- Pharoahs of breakthrough- Exodus 5vs 2: “Who is the LORD, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the LORD and I will not let Israel go.”
- Diviners such as Balaam – Numbers 22 vs. 5-7 : 5 sent messengers to summon Balaam son of Beor, who was at Pethor, near the Euphrates River, in his native land. Balak said:“A people has come out of Egypt; they cover the face of the land and have settled next to me.6 Now come and put a curse on these people, because they are too powerful for me. ; Deut 23 vs 5: However, the Lord your God would not listen to Balaam but turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the Lord your God loves you.
- Evil champions such as Goliath defying the armies of your Israel: 1 Samuel 17 vs. 10: Then the Philistine said, “This day I defy the armies of Israel! Give me a man and let us fight each other.”
- Sanballat and Tobiah sad about your progress- Nehemiah 2 vs 10: 10 When Sanballat the Horonite and Tobiah the Ammonite official heard about this, they were very much disturbed that someone had come to promote the welfare of the Israelites.
- Haman seeking to destroy your Mordecai– Esther 5 vs 14: Then said Zeresh his wife and all his friends unto him, Let a gallows be made of fifty cubits high, and to morrow speak thou unto the king that Mordecai may be hanged thereon: then go thou in merrily with the king unto the banquet. And the thing pleased Haman; and he caused the gallows to be made.
- Accusers and conspirators- Daniel 6 vs 24: 24 At the king’s command, the men who had falsely accused Daniel were brought in and thrown into the lions’ den, along with their wives and children. And before they reached the floor of the den, the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones.
- Prince of Peersia- Daniel 10 vs 13: . – But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days;
- Emptiers and wasters- Nahum 2 vs 2: For the Lord hath turned away the excellency of Jacob, as the excellency of Israel: for the emptiers have emptied them out, and marred their vine branches.
- Mistress of witchcrafts- Nahum 3 vs 4: 4 Because of the multitude of the whoredoms of the wellfavoured harlot, the mistress of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredoms, and families through her witchcrafts.
- Herods seeking to destroy life- Mathew 2 vs 13: And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
This entry was posted in Sermons and tagged 2014, babatopebabalobi, Barreness, Breakthrough, Christ, Christian, Church, God, Holy Spirit, Jesus, Jesus Christ, money making, new job, new year message, Prayers, Promotion, Sermons.