Proverbs 23 vs. 26 My son, give me thine heart..
Christmas is a season of gifts, exchanged between friends, associates and relations. The greatest all year shopping takes place at Christmas. Shopping malls, boutiques and markets all record high sales in the days preceding Christmas day.
Millions of people throng shops and stores looking for Christmas gifts to present to others. As you are preparing to give gifts to your friends, are you also planning to present a gift to God? Have you forgotten God is one of your friends, and also expects a gift from you?
Surprising people seem to forget God in their planning and calculations. If you have given or received Christmas gifts this year, but have not yet factored God in your planning it is not too late.
God expects a Christmas gift form us. The Bible says that we are created in the image of God; therefore God has passions and emotions such as we do. What are you planning to give God this year? If you have not planned on this, this is the moment to start planning.
Do not be surprised to know that God is also expecting a Christmas gift from you and me. The scriptures quoted above gifts us an idea of the nature of gift God expects from you and me. There is only one gift that God is expecting from you and that is your heart!
How do you give God your heart?
- You give God your heart by obeying his commandments and living by his laws.
- You give God your heart by serving him with all your strength, power and might.
- You give God your heart by running away from every appearance of sin such as adultery, fornication, pornography, drug addiction, greed, and covetousness.
- You give God your heart by joining a local church, worshipping and serving God with other Christians.
- You give God your heart by placing his matters first above all other things.
- You give God your heart by reading the Holy Bible and meditating on its contents day and night.
- You give God your heart by not embarking on any course of action without informing him and seeking his advice.
- You give God you heart by discussing your plans and anxieties with him in prayers.
- You give God your heart by refraining from joining or withdrawing your membership of any worldly, satanic and occult association.
- You give God your heart by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and inviting the Holy Spirit to guide and rule your life.
This Christmas Season, God expects a gift from you. Give God your heart today and make him happy. If you can only do this, he will give you several other gifts you do not expect. Are you ready to give God your heart now? Then say this simple prayer.
Father God, I come before you as a sinner today. I thank you for your son Jesus Christ my Christmas gift for the salvation of my sins. I accept him as my Lord and saviour. I give you my heart today, and invite Jesus to lead my life. Amen.
Black Berry Pin: 286431e3