1. Acts 2 vs. 41–Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. After Peter preached the first sermon, three thousand people were added to the church.
2. Acts 2 vs. 47 – Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. As the early Christians continue to practice love and preach the word, new converts were added to their numbers daily.
3. Acts 4 vs. 4 – Howbeit many of them which heard the word believed; and the number of the men was about five thousand. As the Apostles preached the word, five thousand new souls were added unto the church on a single day.
4. Acts 6 vs. 7 – And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith. As the early Christians continued in fellowship, shared God’s love, prayed and fasted daily, and preached the word of God, the numbers of believers became multiplied and they became uncountable.
5. Acts 2 vs. 47 – Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved, states that the Lord added to the church daily. It is God that expands the church, and the condition is preaching the word, fellowship in love, prayers, and fasting.
6. The modern church is mainly preaching the message of prosperity rather than the primary message of salvation, and has abandoned the altar of prayers and fasting for rituals. The love of Christ is also not shared among the brethren. Not surprising, in spite of using various advertisement, promotional, and publicity stunts to attract new members, the modern church has been receding rather than growing.
7. The church will not grow until we go back to the old Christianity.
· Holy Spirit, have your place in the church in Jesus name