John 21 vs. 3 – Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing.
1. There are some general causes of poverty such as poor education, low skills, natural disasters, poor political governance, laziness, and in some cases geographical location.
2. But they are also spiritual causes of prosperity, and Christians no matter where they are on the face of the earth are supposed to be shining examples of divine prosperity. However. The reverse is the often the case. Christians may be poor because of the following reasons:
· They have abandoned the work of God for the work of flesh, chasing after things of the world rather than things of the flesh.
· Like Peter, they have abandoned soul winning and evangelism. Fishing for money rather than fishing for souls first.
· They put their personal business first, the God second or last.
· They have forgotten that God is He that gives power to make wealth, not by power not might.
· Holy Spirit deliver me from profitless hard work in Jesus name
· I receive the spirit of an evangelist in Jesus name