Choosing a life/marriage patner: I shall not marry my enemy!
Samson married three times, and at all times, he married his enemies.
There are six lessons we can learn from tragedy of Samson Joshua 13 vs. 2-3)
- Make sure you marry a strong believer and s solid born again Christian
- Keep your mind open and patiently listen to the advice and counsel of your parents and pastors.
- Be guided by love, not lust. Check the character of your partner and don’t be captured by her beauty. Delilah was a beautiful woman with a beautiful name, but she did not have a beautiful character.
- Avoid polygamy, Samson chased three women, be contented with one wife or one husband and have self control.
- Rely on God for direction and not on what you see
- Keep your divine secrets.
Read the full text of the sermon here: https://christonline.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/story-of-samson-choosing-a-marriage-partner/