How to Avoid Temptation to Sin
1. Avoid situations that may lead you to making a sinful act.
2. Turn your back on sin from the past. Don’t live as if it happened, live as if it didn’t. Otherwise it still has a hold on you.
3. Remember that we need to trust even when being tempted; it might go away if we just ignore it.
4. Remember what Jesus has done, that His blood is our righteousness, which means it cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7). “But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin” including our minds.It literally covers us, Christians that is.
5. Avoid being idle; this makes you vulnerable to temptation.
6. Pray to God when you feel like you need help; say something like “Help me to resist these things from Satan.”
Black Berry Pin: 286431e3