Bible verses on financial breakthrough
There is no man that does not have any problem; the only difference is that our problem differs in dimension and magnitude. Whether you are young or old, poor or rich, male or female, black or white, single or married, working or retired…there is a specific problem bothering you today.
A problem you are thinking of, crisis is bothering you, a clog that you are anxious about, and a difficulty that you like to resolve.
Life is full of problems, and in most cases we are to solve many of these problems with our human efforts. Unfortunately, there there are some problems that have refused to go away in spite of all our attempts to resolve them.
Right now as you are reading this message, some problems have stuck with you in spite of all your efforts to resolve it.
There is a problem that is peculiar to you and at times you have asked why me?
The problem may be marital crises, barrenness, financial need, sickness, or habitual vices like smoking, drunkenness or sexual perversion. It is possible that you are still exploring means of overcoming this problem, and it is also possible that you have given up on this problem.
In the extreme, it is also possible that you are considering committing suicide because of your inability to resolve this problem.
It does not matter how highly or lowly placed you are, problems are bound to occur. The Bible has this story that Peter, one of the disciples of Jesus was once faced with a common problem. Peter and his Master- Jesus Christ were accused by the Tax collectors of defaulting in the payment of the Temple tax.
The Tax collectors accosted Peter asking when he had not paid the temple tax and demanded for the money. Unfortunately Peter did not have any money on him to make this payment.. Peter found himself in an embarrassing situation that could land him in jail. What did Peter do to solve this financial problem?
He ran to Jesus who coincidentally did not also have any money on him, but was miraculously able to provide the needed funds through a fish!:
“After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax]? Yes, he does,” he replied. When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak.
“What do you think, Simon?” he asked. From who do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes-from their own sons or from others? From others, Peter answered.
Then the sons are exempt, Jesus said to him. But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours.” –
Who do you run to when you have a problem? To whom do you look for help to overcome the daily pressures and problems of life. Most of us are have been unable to overcome our problems because we are looking for solution from wrong sources- parents, friends, relations, associations, or diviners.
King David is one man who clearly understand that the Sovereign Lord is the only person that can help us overcome our problems:
“I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” –Psalm 121:1-2
Look unto the hills today instead of looking down to the valleys of life. Look unto your Maker today instead of looking up onto human beings who are all made by God. The simple story of Peter and the Tax collector narrated above clearly brings our several lessons.
- God is the only person that can help you.
- There is no need that the Lord cannot meet or rather there is no problem that He cannot solve. Who could have thought that money can be gotten from the mouth to fish lying in the lake?
- God is with you in your problem and waiting for you to call on him. If Peter had not called unto Jesus the tax collectors would have arrested him.
- The sooner you realize the presence of God in your problem the sooner you get out of the problem.
- If you are in problem, create time for God and hand over the problem to him. On sighting Jesus, Peter immediately handed the problem of the tax payment to Jesus, the Bible says immediately he saw Jesus he was the first person to speak.
- The problem with most of us is not our problems. The problem with most of us is that we refuse to see Jesus in our problems.
- Listen to the Holy Spirit and be obedient. Peter carefully carried out the instruction of the Holy Spirit and received a solution. At times the divine instruction to solve our problems, may look ridiculous and unthinkable. Just carry it out faithfully. Peter behaved like a child and followed the instruction of Jesus. Pride and arrogance may at times hinder you from getting the solution to your problems.
The solution to your problems begins immediately you carry out the divine instruction. Peter did not spend hours at the lake before the hook caught the fish that solved his problem.
Today, if only you can look unto God the problem solver, you need not continue in that problem of life. If you can look unto hills, true help will come that will wipe your tears away. Are you willing to lift your eyes unto the hills today?
The first step you need to take before God can intervene in your problems is that you have to surrender your life to him. God in most cases does not help those that do not recognize him as God.
If you believe that by your strength you cannot not prevail against the problems of life, and want to call upon Jesus to help you today, then say this confessional prayer:
Father, in the name of Jesus Christ.
I acknowledge that I am a sinner and have fallen short of your glory. I genuinely repent from all my sins and pledge to go and sin no more. I accept the fact that I cannot by my power solve the problems of life. I lift my eyes to you today as my problem solver.
I accept you as my Lord and Saviour. I commit my life to you, let your Holy Spirit lead my life and believe my future is secure in your hands in Jesus name.
Black Berry Pin: 286431e3