What is in thine hand?
Exodus 4:2: And the Lord said unto him [Moses], What is that in thine hand? … And he put forth his hand and caught it and it became a rod in his hand.
• There is something in your hand that is enough to make you’re a success.
• Discover your talent today. Discover your gift.
• Lay your hands on something and see the spirit of God multiply it.
• Several of us look up to God for a miracle in our lives
• It may be a financial miracle the commonest, of miracle for a new job, a better accommodation, a good car, healing, peace in marriage, future partner, or deliverance from some sinful habits
• We engage in several spiritual exercises such as fasting, prayers, vigils, praise and worship, confession of the word by faith etc in order to bring these desired miracles to pass.
• Often, these desired miracles may not manifest…we become frustrated, our faith shakes, we are denied the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the miracles and in some extreme cases we backslide.
• But the truth is that every one God created is a living miracle, God created you as a human being with a higher intelligence to dominate, replenish, overcome and multiply in any environment you find yourself.
• God has given you a brain to think and come out with bring ideas to change your circumstances. At times we unnecessary bother God with prayers while we should be worshipping him with Praise and Worship.
• You are a human being not an animal
Psalm 82: 6 says, “I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.”
Exodus 4: 1-4
1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee. 2 And the LORD said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod.
3 And he said, Cast it on the ground. And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent; and Moses fled from before it. 4 And the LORD said unto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the tail. And he put forth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand
• There is a miracle in your hands. You are a living miracle. God did not create nonentities. He created living miracles. He has given you a talent, a gift, and a virtue that is able to help you stand out in live
• The Bible says you are a god. Yes, a god, because God created you in his image, so you must be able to manifest and do signs and wonders.
• Moses hand a miracle in his life, he took the presence of God for him for him to know he has holding a miracle in his hands.
• He was holding a rod of breakthrough and was complaining…I am nobody, nobody knows me, the elders of Israel do not know me, they would not believe me, am a stamerrer, don’t send me; I would be able to make it.
• Moses gave 1001 excuses to run away from his divine destiny. This is a man that has been destined to deliver a nation from bondage and bring them to a land flowing with milk and honey…but he was still looking himself as an illegal immigrant in Egypt.
• He was holding a rod of deliverance, a rod of breakthrough, a rod of destiny…but still looking down on himself
King James Bible
1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias. 2 And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased. 3 And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.
4 And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh. 5 When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat? 6 And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.
7 Philip answered him, Two hundred pennyworth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little. 8 One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, saith unto him, 9 There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
10 And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand. 11 And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.
12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13 Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten
Lessons of this miracle
1. Identify what is in you hand? What is your talent, at designing, gift, or thing you know how to do best? Singing, acting, cracking jokes, writing, sewing, reading, cooking, sports, photography. I am persuaded there is one thing you know how to do well. A rod of miracle
2. The young lad was holding a meal enough to save people from hunger and death, but I imagine he never knew.
3. Look in wards, there is a way you can raise a loan to start that business.
4. Start small. The little meal the young lad was holding was enough to feed five thousand
5. Lay you hands on something and let the breath and spirit of God fall on it.
6. Look unto heavens for help. When Jesus collected the five loaves and two pieces he look unto heaven. Trust in God and don’t rely on your power.
7. Give thanks for the little you have and God will multiply it. Jesus gave thanks to God for the five loaves and two pieces of fish and a miracle occurred afterwards
Proverbs 24 vs 3-4:
3 Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:
4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
1. Be knowledgeable about your profession, gather information and find out new and better ways of doing things. Go for refresher courses.
2. Be focused. Don’t jump from pillar to post. Concentrate your efforts in developing your experience in the work you have identified and patently wait for your seeds to grow into harvest.
3. Apply wisdom into making it blossom.
Ephesians 6 vs 16-18:
16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
1. Pray without ceasing on your business- The Bible says anything you lay your hands on shall prosper.
2. Stand on the word of God and confess it. Prophesize prosperity on your business.
3. Have faith that you are not a failure and that you are born to success. Banish every thought of failure from your mind
2. Rod of Moses, May a way for me in the Rea Sea.
3. Revealer of mysteries, open eyes to see the miracle in my life.
4. Lord that visited Moses in the burning bush, visit me now for breakthroughs.