Samson married three times, and at all times, he married his enemies.
There are six lessons we can learn from tragedy of Samson Joshua 13 vs. 2-3)
- Make sure you marry a strong believer and s solid born again Christian
- Keep your mind open and patiently listen to the advice and counsel of your parents and pastors.
- Be guided by love, not lust. Check the character of your partner and don’t be captured by her beauty. Delilah was a beautiful woman with a beautiful name, but she did not have a beautiful character.
- Avoid polygamy, Samson chased three women, be contented with one wife or one husband and have self control.
- Rely on God for direction and not on what you see
- Keep your divine secrets.
Read the full text of the sermon here: http://christonline.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/story-of-samson-choosing-a-marriage-partner/