Judges 11 vs. 30-31 – 30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands, 31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the LORD’s, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.
- Jephthah is always referenced as an example of someone that made a rash vow.
- He made a vow to God to give to God, the first person that meets him on return from the war front.
- The first person that met him was his only daughter. He never imagined or envisaged this would occur.
- He had to fulfill his vow with his only daughter.
- He could have made a much easier or less tasking vow.
- Be careful in making vows, it is easier to make a vow than to break it.
Holy Spirit, help me to fulfill my vows in Jesus name.
Black Berry Pin: 286431e3