Listen to the audio of this sermon here: You need the annoiting
Acts 1 vs. 8 – But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
Works of the Holy Spirit
- In the beginning, when the earth was void and full of darkness, God used the Holy Spirit to recreate the earth and brought light out of darkness.
- It was this same Holy Spirit that fell upon Othniel the first judge of the Israelites and he was able to deliver Israel from the hands of their enemies Chushan-rishathian the king of Mesopotamia. Judges 3:10.
- It was this same Holy Spirit of the Lord that came upon Gideon, causing him to blow a trumpet and he successfully mobilized the Israelites to overcome Medianites that were tormenting and oppressing them. Judges 6:34.
- When the Spirit of God came upon Japheth, he was able to confront the children of Ammon who were oppressing the Israelites. Judges 11:29.
- Samson was a man who was able to do extra ordinary things when the Spirit of God fell upon him. The Bible recalls that the Spirit of God came mightily upon Samson and he was able to slew thirty men, he killed a lion with his bare hands, and he destroy a stadium with his physical strength Judges 14:19, bringing the whole stadium down, with the jaw bones of an axes, he slew a thousand men, he was able to tear a lion into pieces. Judges 14:6.
- When the Spirit of the Lord came upon King Saul, he was turned into another man and started prophesying. 1 Samuel 10:6.
- The same Spirit of God came upon David when he was anointed by Samuel and he became transformed from a sheep boy into a king of the nation. 1Samuel 16:13.
- In the New Testament, on the day of Pentecost, the Bible recalls that the apostles were visited with the fire of God. They were filled with the spirit of God and they started speaking in new tongues. Therefore, when the spirit of God falls upon you, you will speak in a new language.
- Jesus Himself was visited by the spirit of God. The Bible recalls that after His baptism at river Jordan, He was anointed by heaven; He became full of the Holy Spirit and became led by the Holy Spirit into the wilderness, Luke 4 vs. 1.
- It was this same spirit of God that visited Mary. It was this same power of Holy Ghost that came upon her turning she who was a virgin into a pregnant woman.
- When the spirit of God fell upon Elijah, he was able to stop rain from falling for three years, he was able to command fire to fall down from heaven, he was able to command rain to start falling again after three years, he was able to run faster than the king who was riding on a horse at a point of death, he was carried into heaven in a wild fire, I Kings and II Kings.
- When the spirit of God came upon Moses, he was able to confront and disgrace Pharaoh and his horses and riders, Isaiah 63 vs. 14
- When the spirit of God fell upon Prophet Ezekiel, God opened his eyes and he was able to see the activities of the wicked men in the land.
- Jesus Christ Himself testify that it was because of the spirit of the Lord that is upon Him that he’s able to preach the gospel, heal the sick, deliver the captives, give sight to the blind and give liberty to those who are oppressed, Luke 4 vs. 8
- It was this same spirit of God that fell upon Philip taking him away in the wild wind and dropping him in another location.
Why do we need the Holy Spirit?
- Do you need power in your Christian word, then you need the Holy Spirit. The spirit gives spiritual power enabling His carriers to become spirit champions, Acts 1 vs. 8
- When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you become bold and courageous. Apostle Peter was able to preach the gospel to the Pharisees and Sanhedrin because he was filled with the Holy Ghost, Acts 3 vs. 8
- The Holy Spirit helps you to pray. The Holy Spirit turns you to a prayer warrior and you are able to touch the heavens with your prayers. The Bible recalls that when the apostles who are filled with Holy Ghost prayed, the place where they were meeting shook and they were able to speak the word of God boldly, Acts 4 vs. 31
- The Holy Spirit enables you to see the glory of God. The Bible recalls that when apostle Stephen was being stoned to death, even at that point of death, he looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, Acts 7 vs. 55
- The Holy Spirit enables you to see deep mysteries and revelations. It was the Holy Spirit that directed Ananias to visit brother Saul and restore his sight, Acts 9 vs. 17
- The Holy Spirit gives you power to do miracles. Ananias was able to restore the sight of brother Saul because of the power of Holy Ghost in him, Acts 9 vs. 17
- Jesus Christ started His miracles after the Holy Ghost fell on Him at river Jordan, Luke 4 vs. 1
- Apostle Paul who the Bible described as being filled with the Holy Ghost was able to silence Bar-Jesus the sorcerer, Peter was able to shake off the python that had fastened itself on his hand because of the Holy Ghost in him , Acts 28 vs. 5. The Apostles were able to do diverse sign and wonders because of the Holy Ghost in them, and Apostle Paul’s handkerchief and shadow became vessels for miracle because Paul was full of thee Holy Ghost.
- The Holy Spirit gives you the spirit of wisdom, understanding, knowledge and direction, Isaiah 11 vs. 2
- When the Holy Spirit falls upon you, you become an evangelist, bold, and willing to preach the gospel, to rebuke sin and preach holiness to all the ends of the earth. Micah 3 vs. 8, Luke 4vs. 18
- The Holy Spirit gives you the power to overcome temptation. If you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you cannot backslide or fall into sin. If you are filled with the Holy Spirit, you will be able to withstand all the temptations of the devil.
- If Jesus Christ has not received the Holy Spirit at river Jordan, He would not have been able to withstand the temptation of Satan in the wilderness. Luke 4 vs. 1
- The Holy Spirit cancels your losses and bring to pass something that seems hard, impossible and beyond comprehension. Mary a virgin conceived without union with a man.
- The Holy Spirit enables you to speak in a language of the spirit, Acts 2 vs. 4
How do you receive the Holy Spirit?
- Become born again: When you become born again, you become born of the spirit.
- Live a life of complete and uncompromising holiness, run away from all appearances of sin.
- Desire the Holy Spirit fervently and strongly
- Become completely obedient to the instruction of God.
- Be ready to serve God with all your money, time and energy
- Overcome these three things, the love of money, the love of women and overcome pride and arrogance
- Kill your flesh, kill canal desires and worldly desire. Set your heart on thing of the spirit.
- Be filled with the word of God
- Pray fervently and always.
- Combine prayer with fasting
- Become a soul winner: Do the work of an evangelist.
- Sing hymns, song and psalms to the Lord, become worshipper
Black Berry Pin: 286431e3