1 Corinthians 3:1-3
What is spiritual maturity?
- It is the degree and fullness of inward growth to which the Holy Spirit wants to bring every child of God.
- It is the formation of Christ in us
- It is the attainment of spiritual adulthood and manhood, in and through Jesus Christ by becoming one with Him and with the Father.
- Its being completely emerged with Christ. Christ in me is the hope of by glory.
- It’s being identified with Christ in life, death and in resurrection.
- It is being able to boldly declare and live Gal 2:20
- It is the mystery of godliness repeated in us
- It is growth into Christ by transforming power of Holy Spirit working in us
- It is imitating Christ but living Him. Living as Christ lived.
- It is not artificial or superficial holiness, but genuine and real holiness that is reflected through us.
- Maturity is not old age or grey hair
- It is not a mere possession of spiritual gifts. There is a big difference between spiritual gift and spiritual maturity.
- It is simply Christ likeness.
- It means coming up to standard of God
- It is the ability to discipline your tongue
- It is the ability to discern the truth and the fault
- It is coming up to the standard of God. God has a standard and He will not change it
- It is making our thinking process to be in line with the word of God
- It is being rich in good works and living a life of usefulness and truthfulness
- It is having a right attitude to the things of life
- It’s having godly reaction to painful experiences
- Its having intimate relationship with God and working in love towards our fellow believers
- Its being constantly aware of our own spiritual needs
- Having joy in obeying the Lord at all time